Relevant to: Event Lead Management
The signature field is ideal for recording proof of consent when paired with a consent checkbox in your Event form. A prospect can add their signature mark via the mobile app to confirm that they have agreed to the consent checkbox being ticked and agree to receiving further contact from you.
For more information about using Event Lead Management system features to help with your company's data compliance measures, see Features to Help with Data Compliance.
Data collected from the signature field is stored as an image and exported as a URL linking to the image file. See What signature field data means under GDPR at the end of this article to learn how signature values are considered under data regulations.
In this article
Adding a signature field to an Event form
2. Select Signature.
3. Configure your field by naming the question and adding any logic in the field options modal.
4. Click Save & Finish.
Collecting a signature in an Event form
The signature field can only be collected via the mobile app - not in a web form.
1. In the mobile app, open the Event and tap the + button to create a new lead.
2. Tap the Signature field box Tap to sign.
3. The person giving consent can add a mark using either their finger or a stylus.
4. Complete the lead and click Save.
Viewing and editing a signature in an Event form
1. In the mobile app, open the lead.
2. Tap the signature image to reveal a popup menu. Choose either Delete (to remove the signature and show an empty field) or Redraw (to show a blank canvas screen where a new signature mark can be added).
Viewing a signature in the dashboard
Once you have collected and synced your data back to the dashboard, you will be able to view the signature by clicking on the lead.
1. In the dashboard, open the Event. Click the name of the lead.
2. Scroll down to view an image of the associated signature.
Exporting a signature
The signature field will export the value as a URL, which links to an image of the signature mark. This can be sent to a Marketing Automation or CRM system (if you have set up an integration) and exported within a data export.
What this data means within GDPR
- The Signature field can be used to record consent from your leads. Use it to confirm that an individual has agreed for an opt-in checkbox can be ticked on their behalf.
- In this context, we do not consider data acquired from the Signature field to be “sensitive”, and in this form, it could therefore be processed with your other lead data without the need for any specialised sensitive data policies. Depending on your own usage, we advise customers to conduct their own data sensitivity assessment before using this feature.
- Signature data from this feature shouldn’t be used to uniquely identify individuals. If used in this way, the data could be considered as “sensitive” and depending on your locale you may need to enforce additional sensitive data handling policies; for example to remain compliant under GDPR.
- If you have any further questions on this, feel free to approach our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adding Event Form Questions
- Getting started with the Form Builder
- Features to Help with Data Compliance