If you use a CRM or Marketing Automation software, duplicate handling is an important part of configuring your outbound integration from Integrate Events.
We’ve outlined the different places of duplicate data can occur, and how to choose the best settings for your organization.
1. Duplicate leads inside Integrate Events
We define a duplicate record in our system as “a record that has the same email address as another record collected by the same app user, at one event.”
That means if the same app user captures a record with the same email twice, that will create a duplicate.
Where duplicates are formed inside Integrate Events, we show that (both in the app and the dashboard).
For all other purposes, leads will not form duplicates and you will see two separate leads inside the event.
For instance, if two different app users at the same event capture the same person’s details, that will create two separate leads.
2. Duplicate leads inside your Marketing Automation or CRM
Across our integrations, how the leads are pushed to your integrated CRM or Marketing Automation software will work in one of the following three ways:
- Insert new leads and update existing leads - Checks for existing leads first before creating new ones, and will match based on email (or the identifier you have configured inside the Marketing Automation or CRM you are integrating with). If multiple existing records are found, we update the most recently modified. Will not create duplicates with this option.
- Insert new leads only – Creates leads every time, without checking for any existing matches. Depending on your CRM or Marketing Automation settings, this can create duplicates if your software is configured to allow them, because we won’t check prior sending the new lead.
- Replace existing data, including blank answers - not recommended, we are in the process of removing this functionality.
Some of our integrations allow you to choose a behavior these three options on the integration page for the event, however some of our integrations may prescribe one of these behaviors. Some of these options are not available for all integrations.