Relevant to: Event Lead Management
In preparation for collecting leads at events, you need to build an Event in the Integrate Events dashboard. This will define the lead capture experience in the mobile app and it is where event leads will be collected before being sent to the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform and/or your Marketing Automation or CRM system.
- If you will be sending event leads through the Demand Acceleration Platform, it's important that this step is completed before building your Campaign and Sources in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- See Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform for an overview of the entire process using both Integrate systems.
This article outlines the workflow that is involved in building a new Event in the Event Lead Management system.
In this article
Creating a new Event
Define the general settings
Add basic information about the Event: it's name, the dates when the Event is active and specify the Event's settings.
The table below describes the available settings when creating a new Event.
The name given to your Event.
|Use this as a template for other events.||Checkbox||
Select this option to create an Event template. This allows you to duplicate the configuration and then make edits to set-up new Events quickly. A template cannot collect leads.
The start and end dates of the Event. The start date serves to order Events chronologically in the Dashboard and mobile app.
|Edit & review records inside the app||Toggle on/off||
Determines whether existing leads can be edited in the mobile app.
|Require device passcode to exit the form||Toggle on/off||
Sets a requirement that the device passcode (or biometrics such as FaceID or TouchID) must be entered to navigate away from the event form. It prevents users from seeing data that has been collected.
|Track attendance||Toggle on/off||
Determines that the Event is a check-in type, where you can record attendance and register new walk-ins.
|Capture leads on web||Toggle on/off||
Enables leads to be collected via a web browser.
Assign tags to help with filtering and searching in the Event Lead Management system.
Build the Event form
Adding question fields to build an Event form is an important part of setting-up for an event. This is what your field team will use when collecting lead data from the show floor via the mobile app.
- When building the lead capture form, keep in mind the field team who will be using it in a busy environment.
- It is recommended to keep the form as concise as possible - so that you capture all the necessary information, yet provide a lead capture experience that is quick and easy for the field team to use.
If you'll be sending event leads through the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform:
- The fields you add here need to match those that will be added when building a Campaign/Source - consider the Event template as the Campaign and the Event form as the Source.
- Required fields must be designated as such in both the Event Lead Management system and Demand Acceleration Platform.
- If you will be using phone validation in the Demand Acceleration Platform, ensure the field is designated as mandatory in the Event Lead Management system.
For more information about the Form Builder and field types, see Getting started with Form Builder.
|If you're setting-up an integration with the Demand Acceleration Platform and have finished building the event form in the Event Lead Management system:
You can now build an Event Campaign in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
|Building an Event Lead Management Campaign|
Add other functionalities
Finalize the event by setting-up additional functionalities, for example adding a follow-up email or mapping fields to those in your Demand Acceleration Platform and/or Marketing Automation or CRM system.
The table below describes the available functions that can be added to an Event after it has been created and the form built.