Relevant to: Event Lead Management
| This Help Center article is relevant to customers using the Event Lead Management system only.
If you are using the Event Lead Management system with the Demand Acceleration Platform, see Connecting the Demand Acceleration Platform to Salesforce (REST API Integration).
Connecting to Salesforce is the first step when setting up an integration. This feature enables you to instantly create or update leads in Salesforce using the data collected from your Event forms (via the mobile app or web forms). You can share any text-based or selection data from your Event forms.
This article outlines the steps needed to connect the Event Lead Management system with Salesforce.
This integration feature needs to be enabled for your account.
In this article
What this integration feature can do
- Create new leads inside Salesforce.
- Transfer lead data in real-time.
- Add any data to Salesforce if the email address already exists as a Lead.
- Update and replace data within an existing lead inside Salesforce.
- Assign leads to an active campaign.
What the integration cannot do
- Create or update any other kind of object.
- Update contacts.
Integration setup overview
- In the Event Lead Management dashboard (at account level) - Connect Salesforce with the Event Lead Management platform by entering the required credentials.
- In the Event Lead Management dashboard (at event level) - Add the integration to specific Event(s) and map form fields to those in Salesforce.
| You need access to your Salesforce system (with the relevant permissions) and the Event Lead Management dashboard.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you are logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
Connecting Salesforce to the Event Lead Management system
1. In the Events dashboard, go to Settings > Integrations. Click Add new.
2. Select Salesforce and click Add.
3. Click Login to Salesforce. If you are testing using a Salesforce Sandbox account, tick the Advanced settings checkbox.
4. You will be redirected to Salesforce to sign in. Login using your Salesforce username and password.
5. Click Allow to permit the Event Leads Management system to send data to Salesforce.
Your Salesforce account is now linked to the Event Lead Management system.
The Event Lead Management system and Salesforce are now connected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I test the integration using my Salesforce Sandbox (test environment)?
Yes. To do this, select the advanced setting when you initially login to your Salesforce account. Please note you can only be logged into one account at a time, so you will need to remove the Sandbox integration before reconnecting to your full Salesforce account.
Can I use the same integration over multiple Event Lead Management accounts?
You must set up an independent integration link for each separate account. A cost will apply for each additional account which needs an integration.
- Setting up an Event Lead Management Integration to Salesforce
- Troubleshooting integrations with Salesforce & Eloqua
- Integrations & Duplicate Handling