Relevant to: Event Lead Management
Web forms allow you to embed lead capture forms on websites or share via publicly accessible URLs. They work on both mobile and desktop browsers making it accessible to users of all types of devices.
|Certain functionalities, including badge scanning, business card scanning and the signature form field are not supported on web forms.
Setting up a Web Form
1. Login to the Event Lead Management system and either create a new event or edit an existing one. In the Event Features options, click on the Capture leads on web slider to enable the web form functionality.
2. Proceed to complete your form setup in the Form Builder and click Save when ready.
3. Select Add this form to your website.
4. In the popup, define the colours of the web form (any styling selected in the form builder will not be applied to the web form). Enter the hex codes that correspond with your branding and the page that you are embedding the web form in.
5. Check the Options boxes to apply the following settings:
- If you would like the name of the event to appear at the top of the form, check the option to include the event name above the form.
- If you would like the form to reload once completed tick Return to the form after seeing 'thank you' page. This will cause the browser to return to a blank form 5 seconds after a registration is submitted.
- If you would like to redirect your user to a custom thank you page after submitting the form, select the I want to use my own ‘thank you’ page option and specify the URL of the page that you want the user redirected to.
6. Copy the link to share the form or copy the embed code to add it to your website.
|After you've setup your webform, you may find that the length of the sharable URL becomes long. This is due to an important security feature, where a unique 'signature' is automatically added to the URL.
If you are sharing the link directly with others, you can shorten the URL using https://bitly.com or an equivalent site.
Embedding a Web Form
Embedded forms can be displayed on existing landing pages or a website.
1. Create a blank HTML file or edit the HTML page where you'd like your form to display. The template for a blank page is:
<!--Place Akkroo embed code here-->
2. Configure your webform, then place the embed code from the Dashboard in the body of your HTML page in the location you want it to appear. For the blank page above, replace the <!— Place Akkroo embed code here --> with the embed code snippet.
3. Save the file and upload it so it is available online.