Relevant to: Event Lead Management
Web forms allow you to embed lead capture forms on websites or share via publicly accessible URLs. They work on both mobile and desktop browsers making it accessible to users of all types of devices.
| Certain functionalities, including badge scanning, business card scanning and the signature field are not supported on web forms.
Setting up a Web Form
1. In the Event Lead Management system, either create a new event or edit an existing one. In the Event Features options, click on the Capture leads on web slider to enable the web form functionality.
2. Proceed to complete your form setup in the Form Builder and click Save when ready.
3. Select Add this form to your website.
4. In the popup, define the colours of the web form (any styling selected in the form builder will not be applied to the web form). Enter the hex codes that correspond with your branding and the page that you are embedding the web form in.
5. Use the Options checkboxes to apply the following settings:
|Include the event name above the form||Select the checkbox to display the name of the Event at the top of the form.|
|I want to use my own ‘thank you’ page||Select the checkbox and specify a URL to redirect the user to a custom thank you page after the form has been submitted.|
|Return to the form after seeing 'thank you' page||Select the checkbox to reload the form after it has been submitted. The web browser will return to a blank form 5 seconds after a completed form has been submitted.|
6. Copy the link to share the form or copy the embed code to add it to your website.
| After you have setup your web form, you may find that the length of the sharable URL becomes long. This is due to an important security feature, where a unique 'signature' is automatically added to the URL.
If you are sharing the link directly with others, you can shorten the URL using https://bitly.com or an equivalent site.
Embedding a Web Form
Embedded forms can be displayed on existing landing pages or a website.
1. Create a blank HTML file or edit the HTML page where you'd like your form to display. The template for a blank page is:
<!--Place embed code here-->
2. Configure your web form, then place the embed code from the Dashboard in the body of your HTML page in the location you want it to appear. For the blank page above, replace the <!— Place embed code here --> with the embed code snippet.
3. Save the file and upload it so it is available online.