Relevant to: Event Lead Management
Developers can use Webhooks and a REST-based API to programmatically access the collected customer data from the Integrate Events dashboard and this help article will try and help you decide which you should use.
All data collected through Integrate Events (via both the mobile app and web forms) is stored in the dashboard, and this is where it will be sent or retrieved from.
Webhooks act as a trigger to call a script or send some data to your own web server, whenever a new lead is created at an event or when payload is captured.
An example of how this might be useful is as follows:
- Event: a person arrives at an event and is registered as a new lead.
- Action: Integrate Events sends a payload to a URL on your website and instantly creates a user account for that person.
Other uses could include:
- Updating a live statistics display in your office.
- Sending an SMS message.
- Printing a conference label or badge.
Making a choice about which to use
Before you make a choice about whether Webhooks or the API will suit your needs best, please consider the following:
- The vast majority of our customers building custom applications use our real-time Webhooks to receive the data. It's the fastest and easiest way to share data from Integrate Events with your own service. Data is sent as soon as it's present in the dashboard.
- Should the real-time option not suit you, or you really need to deal with extracting large amounts of data in one go, then the REST API can be useful. We always advise you start by considering a Webhooks implementation first, and then considering any limitations that might mean you need to use the REST API.
- Sometimes you may need to combine the two services to extract all the data you require, however in most cases a Webhook will pass all the data you should need.
- Using Webhooks for Notifications
- Developer Documentation (webhooks)
- Developer Documentation (REST API)