Relevant to: Event Lead Management
The autocomplete field is ideal for questions that should be answered with one or more standardized values. It helps to keep lead data consistent and is especially useful if you have a long list of values that would be less effective when presented as a scrollable drop-down list.
Some of the most popular uses of this field include questions about country, nationality or educational institute.
The autocomplete field can be customized to:
- Define how many answers can be selected.
- Define the number of suggested answers that are displayed.
- Allow or disallow answers outside of a predefined list.
- Show a preselected answer.
- Use logic to show and hide parts of the Event form.
- Display instructional messages in the Event form.
Adding an autocomplete field to an Event form
2. Select Autocomplete.
3. Configure your field and add any logic in the field options modal. See the following table for more information.
In the Add list options (one per line) box, enter the predetermined values that the app user can select. This table explains the available options:
|The Question||Optional||Define the question text.|
|This question must be answered||Checked or unchecked||
States if an answer is required in order to submit the lead.
It is advised to assign a question as required only if absolutely essential because it can increase the time needed to complete a lead.
|Add list options (one per line)||Required||
Add all the available answers that can be selected by the app user.
|Add a quantity of list options that are selectable (between 1 and 100)||Required||
State how many answers can be selected by the app user.
Customising the field
1. Click More options to see the available field customization settings. This table explains the available options:
The number of maximum visible suggestions
Required. Choose from:
States a maximum number of suggested answers from the pre-defined list.
|Allow users to enter and submit answers not in the list||Checked or unchecked||
States whether app users are able to submit values that are not included in the predefined list.
Required. Choose either:
States if an answer is visible in the Event form and already selected, helping to save time for the mobile app user.
3. Click Messages & Errors to create instructional tooltips and customize the messages displayed in the Event form. This table explains the available options:
|Display specific instructions in a tooltip||Optional||Instructional copy that is displayed with the autocomplete field.|
|Tooltip always visible||
Checked or unchecked
States if a tooltip is constantly visible in the Event form or only when the autocomplete field is selected.
|Display additional instructions||Optional||Additional copy that can be displayed underneath the autocomplete field.|
|Error message for missing answer||Optional||This feature is not currently functional.|
|Success message on corrected errors||Optional||This feature is not currently functional.|
4. Click Save & Finish.