Relevant to: Event Lead Management
This article outlines the important steps to take before your event to help prepare your team for a successful event.
One week before your event
- Check that your form displays correctly on a mobile device.
- Check the event team's mobile devices are fully up-to-date with the latest operating systems and are compatible with the current version of the mobile app (see the list of supported devices).
- Information on your device operating system is accessible from the device's settings page. You can also check the operating system and app version from within the app, navigate to Help > Diagnostics.
Three days before your event
- In the dashboard, archive any historic Events to prevent any unnecessary data syncing to the team's mobile apps, see Using Event Actions in the Dashboard.
- If you have a simple form, this is the last chance to make small changes to your form.
- If you have a complex form or badge scanning has been enabled for the event, avoid making changes as it poses a risk to the the Event's configuration. Speak with your Customer Success Manager if you notice that something needs to urgently change.
- Check everyone in the event team has installed the mobile app and has been able to login.
- Show the event team how to sync data with their mobile app.
Day before the event
- Instruct the event team to perform a final sync on their mobile app to be sure they have access to the final form and are familiar with the process.
- Check your team is aware of basic troubleshooting for their devices (eg. being connected to WiFi/mobile data).
Syncing mobile app
Syncing data to and from the mobile app is vital to ensure data flows accurately to the dashboard and your integrated systems. See Syncing Data for more information on best practices and ideal conditions.
| If you or someone in your team is experiencing difficulties syncing devices during or after an event, do not delete the app.
Removing the app will cause any unsynced data to be lost and it will not be retrievable. See Syncing Data for advice.