Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Content Syndication | Event Lead Management | Social Integrations | Webinar Integrations
The purpose of creating a Campaign in the Demand Acceleration Platform is to create a group that houses Sources, which is where incoming leads will be collected.
Create your Campaign to form a template that helps build Sources quickly.
In this article:
Creating a new Campaign
1. Go to Campaigns > My Campaigns and click on the Create Campaign button.
2. Select the type of Campaign you would like to build.
This table will help you identify which type of Campaign to create based on where your leads will be coming from.
|Where leads are coming from||Which Campaign type to use||Description||More reading|
|Media Partner (CPL)||
Houses Media Partner (CPL) Sources, where incoming data is coming from a Content Syndication Media Partner directly into the Demand Acceleration Platform.
Houses Event (CPL) Sources, where you can set up lead data to flow into the Demand Acceleration Platform from the Event Lead Management platform or other inbound methods (including manual file uploads and other API connections).
|Social Integrations||Social||Houses Social Sources, where incoming lead data from LinkedIn and Facebook is passed to the Demand Acceleration Platform.||Building a Social Campaign|
|Webinar Integrations||Webinar||Houses Webinar Sources, where incoming lead data from On24 and BrightTalk is passed to the Demand Acceleration Platform.||Building a Webinar Campaign|
| If you see a 'Learn more about...' banner across a particular Campaign box and are unable to create that type of Campaign, your permissions may need changing.
Speak with your Customer Success Manager.
3. Name the Campaign and click Save.
4. Configure the settings of your new Campaign: complete the information as outlined below by moving methodically left to right through the tabs.
The options here will differ according to which Campaign type and channel you are using. For more detailed information, reference the specific channel section.
The settings that are defined here will be applied on a Campaign level. These will copy over to your Sources* once they are built. Adjustments to the settings can be made on an individual Source level to fit any needs specific to a Source.
|General Settings||State basic Campaign information including name, start and end dates, and description.|
Add form field and validation rules to determine the formatting of incoming lead data.
|Assets||Upload documents you wish to share with your Media Partners (if using Content Syndication).|
Define terms including set targets and de-duplication rules to determine what warrants acceptable leads.
|Integrations||Set-up your outbound integration to post lead data to your Marketing Automation or CRM system.|
|Proofs *||Skip this tab - Proofs will be uploaded by Media Partners once this process has begun (if using this feature for Content Syndication).|
|Audit Logs *||
|* Proofs and Audit Logs will not be copied to Sources.|
|Once you have completed your Campaign build, you can clone it to create new Campaigns quickly that are similar in structure.|
Cloning a Campaign
The cloning feature creates an exact replica of a Campaign, which can be edited if needed. This means you won't have to start from scratch every time.
When you clone a Campaign, everything is replicated except:
- Integrations (these can be loaded from an existing Integration while building your Campaign)
- Associated Sources (create these within your new Campaign)
- Proofs (if using Content Syndication)
- Audit Logs (automated record of changes made, resets for each new Campaign)
How to clone a Campaign
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to Campaigns > My Campaigns.
2. Locate the campaign you would like to replicate and select the Options button. Click Clone Campaign.
3. Complete the fields in the Clone Campaign modal. Adjust any of the default terms as needed and click Clone.
4. Confirm the settings of your Campaign and adjust the cloned settings to fit the needs of your new Campaign. It is recommended that this is done by moving methodically left to right through the tabs.
The options here will differ according to which Campaign type and channel you're using. For more detailed information, reference the specific channel section.