Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Content Syndication | Event Lead Management | Social Integrations | Webinar Integrations
In the Demand Acceleration Platform, List Mappers can be used to automatically translate incoming lead data or system values from a General List into a different corresponding value (eg. CA > California).
Translating incoming values to something else may be beneficial to you because:
- It is automated and limits the risk of human error - use List Mappers to reformat lead data and add routing details when posting out to your Marketing Automation or CRM system, or when generating a Lead Report.
- If working with Content Syndication Sources, it could save Media Partners time by reducing the number of fields they are responsible for.
- For example: where you previously might need Media Partners to send you the asset title and type, you could instead use a List to collect the asset title and a Mapper to send the corresponding asset type.
- Lead uploads are smoother overall when there are fewer fields and no guess work.
- If working with Social or Webinar Sources, the incoming lead data from the 3rd party system may not use the values you need. Determine the values you want to post out or display in reporting and set up a list mapper to automate the task.
Example: List Mapper
You have a picklist applied to an Asset Downloaded field, which is set up to collect the title of asset downloaded by each lead. However, the title itself is not useful in your Marketing Automation or CRM system - the asset code would be more meaningful instead.
You set up a List Mapper to pass the corresponding asset code (instead of the collected asset title) whenever the mapper is applied to that field within your integration.
How List Mappers are created and applied for use
1. General List and List Mapper are created in the Lists page - the General List will need to be established first, then the associated List Mapper can be created. See Creating List Mappers for more information.
3. List Mapper is applied to:
- Outbound integrations to translate values when posting out to Marketing Automation or CRM systems. This is done in the Campaign/Source Integrations tab.
- Leads Reports to display mapped values alongside lead data within a generated report.
- See Applying List Mappers for more information.