Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Webinar Connectors
The purpose of connecting (authenticating) your BrightTALK is to enable leads to flow from a webinar campaign to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
This article will walk you through the steps to connect your BrightTALK Channel to the Demand Acceleration Platform. This only needs to be done once per channel owner*.
For an overview of the entire process, including who your webinar team members are, see Webinars via the Demand Acceleration Platform.
In this article
Before You Begin
Confirm you have the Integrate Webinar connector enabled
- This is enabled on the user level by the Integrate team.
- Contact your Integrate Customer Success Manager to confirm this is complete for your user.
Confirm you are the ‘Owner’ of the BrightTALK Channel
- Your BrightTALK user must be the Channel Owner. There can be only one Channel Owner per channel (being a Channel Manager is not sufficient).
- Contact your BrightTALK account manager to confirm who the owner is, and if necessary request that they change ownership.
- This user must retain ownership with their credentials matching those added in the Demand Acceleration Platform Integration Hub (as outlined in the following steps).
- * Owners of Multiple BrightTALK Channels
- If your BrightTALK user is the Channel Owner of more than one BrightTALK Channel, you will only need to input your credentials once. The BrightTALK connection is based on the user level; all BrightTALK Channels where your user is the Channel Owner will be accessible in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- Follow the steps below to connect the systems.
Confirm your BrightTALK Channel(s) don't have any active connectors
- BrightTALK can only support one integration at a time. If you have a previous integration with BrightTALK and any other system, that integration must be disconnected before you proceed.
- Contact your BrightTALK Customer Success Manager or BrightTALK support to complete this. This must be done from the back-end to completely disconnect and allow BrightTALK to communicate with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- If you are migrating from a previous active integration, please work with your Integrate team for guidance on timing this switch.
How to connect your BrightTALK Channel
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to the Integration Hub. From the list in the Connector Library, locate the BrightTALK connector. Click the + button to open the modal.
2. This opens the BrightTALK configuration modal, where you will authenticate the connection to one of your BrightTALK Channel(s).
Type in a name for your connector in the text box - this will only be used in the Demand Acceleration Platform to help you distinguish between other connectors.
Enter the credentials that you use to manage the BrightTALK Channel(s) and click Integrate.
It is recommended to use a naming convention that includes "BrightTALK" to distinguish this connector from your others later on.
The BrightTALK connector can now be seen alongside any other existing connectors in your Integration Hub.
Your BrightTALK channel is now connected to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
|Building a Webinar Campaign|
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to repeat this for my other BrightTALK Channels?
If you have multiple BrightTALK Channels that have different Channel Owners - yes. Each user will repeat this process for their individual channel.
If you have multiple BrightTALK Channels that have the same Channel Owner - no. See the section above for Owners of Multiple BrightTALK Channels.
Does this connection to BrightTALK need to be re-authenticated?
No. This connection will remain functional as long as the BrightTALK Channel Owner user's permissions and login credentials remain. If you update your login credentials in BrightTALK they will need to be updated in the Demand Acceleration Platform too.
Can I use the BrightTALK connector at the same time as another system?
No. BrightTALK only allows one integration at a time to be used. See the instructions above in the Before You Begin section for more detail. We can help with the best way to approach this migration, so please work with your Integrate team for guidance on timing this switch.
- Webinars via the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Building a Webinar Campaign
- Building a Webinar Source -- BrightTALK