This article will walk you through the steps to connect your BrightTALK Channel to your Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform. This will only need to be done once per channel owner* to enter the credentials needed to communicate with BrightTALK via your Channel Owner's user permissions.
Before You Begin
- Confirm you have the Integrate Webinar integration enabled
- This is enabled on the user level by the Integrate team.
- Contact your Integrate Customer Success Manager to confirm this is complete for your user.
- Confirm you are the ‘Owner’ of the BrightTALK Channel
- Your BrightTALK user must be the Channel Owner. There can be only one owner per channel, being a channel manager is not enough.
- Contact your BrightTALK account manager to confirm who the owner is, and if necessary, request that they change ownership.
- This user must retain ownership with their credentials matching those added within the Integrate Integration Hub as outlined in the steps below.
- Confirm your BrightTALK Channel(s) don't have any active connectors
- BrightTALK can only support one integration at a time. If you have a previous integration with BrightTALK and any other system, that integration must be disconnected before you proceed.
- Contact your BrightTALK account manager or BrightTALK support to complete this. This must be done from the back-end to truly disconnect and allow BrightTALK to communicate with the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform.
- If you are migrating from a previous active integration, please work with your Integrate team for guidance on timing this switch.
* Owners of Multiple BrightTALK Channels
If your BrightTALK user is the Channel Owner of more than one BrightTALK Channels, you will only need to complete the below steps to add your credentials once. BrightTALK bases our connection with them on the user level, so all BrightTALK Channels that your user is the 'Channel Owner' for will be accessible through that one integration within the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform.
Follow the steps below to complete and we recommend using a naming convention that includes all corresponding BrightTALK Channel names.
Connecting to BrightTALK
Confirm you are the BrightTALK Channel Owner, keep your email and password handy.
Login to the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform.
Navigate to Settings and select Integration Hub from the menu.
Locate the BrightTALK tile from the Integration Library at the bottom of the page and select the "+" icon to open the modal.
Within the modal, enter a unique name for the integration and fill in the credentials you use to manage your BrightTALK Channel(s).
Helpful Hint: We recommend using a naming convention that includes "BrightTALK" and any other channel identifiers needed to distinguish this integration from your others later on.
If your user is the BrightTALK Channel Owner of multiple channels you'll only have one integration so we recommend using a naming convention that includes all corresponding BrightTALK Channel names.
When all information is filled in, click the Integrate button to complete the connection.
You will see the newly added tile in your System Integrations at the top of the screen!
Do I need to repeat this for my other BrightTALK Channels?
If you have multiple BrightTALK Channels that have different Channel Owners, yes each user will repeat this process for their individual channel.
If you have multiple BrightTALK Channels that have the same Channel Owner, no see the section above for Owners of Multiple BrightTALK Channels.
Does this connection to BrightTALK need to be re-authenticated?
No, this connection will remain functional as long as the BrightTALK Channel Owner user's permissions and login credentials remain. If you update your login credentials within BrightTALK they will need to be updated within your BrightTALK Integration within Integrate as well.
Can I use the Integrate BrightTALK Integration at the same time as a BrightTALK connector with another system?
No, BrightTALK only allows one integration at a time to be used. See the instructions above in the Before You Begin section for more detail. We can help with the best way to approach this migration, so please work with your Integrate team for guidance on timing this switch.