Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
This article outlines the first steps needed to connect the Demand Acceleration Platform with HubSpot, in order to post out leads.
Here you will learn what information is needed from HubSpot, where to retrieve the information and how to create a new integration with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
Outbound Forms are ideal for posting out to a HubSpot form using a URL Encoded format.
In this article
What this integration feature can do
- Pass data in real-time.
- Create new leads in HubSpot.
- Update and add data to an existing lead in HubSpot with the same email address.
Integration setup overview
- In HubSpot - Create a Form.
- In HubSpot - Gather HubSpot credentials and field information.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Enter HubSpot credentials and field details.
| You need access to your HubSpot system (with Marketing Access) and your Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you are logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
Connecting the systems
The Demand Acceleration Platform needs credentials gathered from HubSpot in order to send leads into a form. The sections below outline the details needed and instructions to complete this setup in both platforms.
Create a form in HubSpot
It is recommended to create a single form in HubSpot, where lead data can be sent from the Demand Acceleration Platform. In HubSpot, you can then write a workflow to route the leads into a campaign/list. You can use if/then branches in the workflow to segment leads based on a specific field (eg. country, industry).
1. In HubSpot, go to Marketing > Forms and click Create form. This is where lead data will be posted from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
2. Complete the form build as per your requirements. See create forms in HubSpot for more information.
Gather required information from HubSpot
Once your HubSpot form is established, you need to retrieve the following data points from HubSpot.
|Data to collect from HubSpot
||Where to find the data|
In HubSpot: Marketing > Forms > Actions > Share.
HubSpot Post URL
Using the Portal ID and Form ID, format the Post URL.
In HubSpot: go to Settings > Properties.
Use the Connecting to HubSpot Template at the end of this article to help capture your details.
Portal ID & Form ID
1. In HubSpot, go to Marketing > Forms. Locate the form where lead data will be sent. Click Actions > Share.
2. In the modal, click on Embed code. In the code box, scroll down to see the Portal ID and Form ID; copy these values.
HubSpot Post URL
Add the Portal ID and Form ID to the following URL:
For more information, see the HubSpot documentation Submit data to a form.
1. In HubSpot, go to Settings > Properties. Click on each of the properties that will be mapped within the Demand Acceleration Platform.
2. From the Edit property modal, make a note of the following for each property:
- Internal name - Special characters should not be included (select the toggle to view the Internal name).
- Field type - Eg. string, currency, date, integer, phone, Boolean
- Picklist internal values (if applicable) - Common for fields like state, country, industry, etc.
- Field length restrictions - Min/max number of characters
- Field requirement - Whether field is required or optional, plus any other validation requirements.
3. For properties that are a Dropdown select field type, make a note of all the Internal Values (not the Label).
Connect HubSpot to the Demand Acceleration Platform
Having collected all the required information from HubSpot, you can now establish your integration in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, click the Settings icon.
2. Click on the Integration Hub and scroll to the Integration Library. Click the + button on the Outbound Form tile.
3. The integration configuration modal will appear.
In the Outbound Form - Configuration modal, complete the following:
Enter a name for your HubSpot integration.
Paste in the HubSpot URL value that was collected from HubSpot.
Add these required values to a single line (copy and paste the below values exactly).
|URL Encode Request
Check this box.
Add your HubSpot Form Fields that you gathered in the previous section. You can bulk copy and paste these from Excel, with each field on a new line, into this section.
4. Once completed, click the Integrate button to save and create your new integration.
You will now see your HubSpot (Outbound Form) Integration as a tile in the System Integrations section at the top of your Integration Hub page.
If any changes need to be made (such as if additional fields are added), you can open this modal to adjust the integration settings. Click the Settings icon.
The Demand Acceleration Platform and HubSpot are now connected.
- Integration Hub
- Using Outbound Forms - Setting Up an Integration to HubSpot
- HubSpot Post Out Methods
- Using Outbound Forms
For more help, get in touch with our Support Team or your Customer Success Manager.