Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
You can use the Closed Loop Media Optimizer app to identify if leads generated by the Demand Acceleration Platform are duplicates of those in your Eloqua contacts. Leads identified as duplicates are returned to the Demand Acceleration Platform with a specific disposition code, which enables them to be rejected (even though they are not technically considered duplicates within the Demand Acceleration Platform).
You need to have 1) connected your Eloqua account with the Demand Acceleration Platform, 2) created a custom Contact Field for the Integrate Lead ID and 3) set up closed loop reporting.
|Connecting to Eloqua||Creating a Custom Contact Field in Eloqua to store an Integrate Lead ID||Setting up the Eloqua Closed Loop App|
In this article
- Integration setup overview
- Setting up Eloqua Closed Loop Reporting
- Testing the closed loop app
- Recommended Reading
Integration setup overview
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Connect to Eloqua.
- In Eloqua and the Demand Acceleration Platform - Create a field to collect the Integrate Lead ID.
- In Eloqua - Install the Eloqua Closed Loop Media Optimizer.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Generate API Key.
- In Eloqua - Add Closed Loop Media Optimizer to the Campaign Canvas. Configure the closed loop app and associated segment.
| You need access to your Eloqua Admin section (as an Eloqua administrator or with the appropriate action and interface permissions) and the Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you are logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
Setting up Eloqua Closed Loop Reporting
Create a field to collect the Integrate Lead ID in the Eloqua contact object
A dedicated Integrate ID is required in the Eloqua contact object for the Closed Loop Media Optimizer app to work properly with Integrate.
1. In Eloqua, click Settings > Fields & Views.
2. Click the + icon to expand the list of options.
3. Click Add Contact Field.
4. Add the following settings and click Save:
|Field||Action in Eloqua|
|Display name||Enter a recognizable name (eg. Integrate Lead ID).|
|Database name||Automatically generated according to the display name set.|
|Data type||Keep Text selected.|
|Field type||Keep Textbox selected.|
|Default Value||Keep the field blank.|
|Default Update Logic||Select Update if new value is not blank from the drop-down menu.|
Install the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app
Download the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app from the Eloqua Marketplace.
1. Download the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app. This will prompt you to login to Eloqua.
2. Click Accept and Install.
3. Click Sign in.
4. Click Accept.
5. You will then see the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app in your Eloqua AppCloud Catalog.
Generate an API key in the Demand Acceleration Platform
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to Settings.
2. Click Organization Settings.
3. Click the Generate New Key button.
4. To copy the value, click the copy icon next to the API key.
Configure the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer in the Eloqua campaign canvas
1. In Eloqua, create or open a campaign.
2. Click the Cloud icon.
3. Click Integrate Setup to open the app configuration page.
4. Add the following credentials to the configuration page and click Save:
|API Version||Select Integrate.|
|Integrate API Key||Enter your API key as obtained previously in Generate an API key in your Integrate account.|
|Integrate Lead ID Field||Select the relevant Integrate LeadID field from the drop-down menu.|
5. In the campaign canvas, click Campaign Steps to view the available options and locate the Closed Loop Media Optimizer. Drag and drop it into the canvas after a trigger event and connect the two.
6. Double-click the app in the campaign canvas to configure the Closed Loop Media Optimizer app.
7. Click the edit icon to configure the app action.
8. From the Disposition drop-down, select REJECT_LEAD_DUPLICATE. You can utilize the Custom Reason text area to pass additional text with the disposition. Click Save.
9. Double-click the Segment to open the settings and select the edit icon.
10. Define the Segment criteria to determine if the contact already exists in the Eloqua database. You can set this according to your requirements (an example is shown below). Click Save to finalize.
In this example, the filter criteria is set to:
|Compare Contact Fields||
Contacts whose contact field: Integrate LeadID | Is Not Blank
|Compare Contact Fields||Contacts whose contact field: Date Created | Is Not dynamically equal to Today|
|Submitted Specific Forms||Contacts who have submitted: nameOfYourForm | at least 1 time | within the last 2 hours|
You can add extra criteria to include or exclude contacts from the campaign if they have already been engaged within a particular timeframe (days, weeks, months).
11. In the campaign, click Save and Activate.
Testing the closed loop app
In the Demand Acceleration Platform, add the Eloqua integration to a Source in the Integrations tab. Send a test lead to check that the closed loop app has been set up successfully. This should be a 'real' lead that originates from both the Demand Acceleration Platform Source (not one that is sent in the Source > Integrations tab > post out testing modal) and your Eloqua database.
To send test lead(s):
- Upload a lead to the Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform, which contains:
- An email address that is unique in the Demand Acceleration Platform Source.
- An email address that is the same as a contact in your Eloqua database.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform, generate a Lead Report and check that the lead displays the REJECT_LEAD_DUPLICATE disposition code.
- Setting up the Eloqua Closed Loop App
- Connecting to Eloqua
- Closed Loop Reporting via the Demand Acceleration Platform