Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
The Closed Loop Media Optimizer app automatically provides feedback on lead status updates based on events, life-cycle changes, rejections, quality and other KPIs from your Eloqua account to the Demand Acceleration Platform. Gain a complete view of media program performance so you can more effectively analyze and optimize paid media programs based on quality metrics and KPIs.
You need to have 1) connected your Eloqua account with the Demand Acceleration Platform and 2) created a custom Contact Field for the Integrate Lead ID - before setting up closed loop reporting.
|Connecting to Eloqua||Creating a Custom Contact Field in Eloqua to store an Integrate Lead ID|
In this article
- Integration setup overview
- Setting up Eloqua Closed Loop Reporting
- Testing the closed loop app
- Available disposition codes
- Recommended Reading
Integration setup overview
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Connect to Eloqua.
- In Eloqua and the Demand Acceleration Platform - Create a field to collect the Integrate Lead ID.
- In Eloqua - Install the Eloqua Closed Loop Media Optimizer.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Generate API Key.
- In Eloqua - Add Closed Loop Media Optimizer to the Campaign Canvas.
| You need access to your Eloqua Admin section (as an Eloqua administrator or with the appropriate action and interface permissions) and the Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you are logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
Setting up Eloqua Closed Loop Reporting
Create a field to collect the Integrate Lead ID
In Eloqua, add a custom contact field that will collect the Integrate Lead ID whenever leads are posted out from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the Source integration in the Demand Acceleration Platform, ensure the Integrate Lead ID field is mapped to the corresponding Eloqua field. This is done in the Source Integrations tab - see Creating a Custom Contact Field in Eloqua to store an Integrate Lead ID for instructions.
Install the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app
Download the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app from the Eloqua Marketplace.
1. Download the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app. This will prompt you to login to Eloqua.
2. Click Accept and Install.
3. Click Sign in.
4. Click Accept.
5. You will then see the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer app in your Eloqua AppCloud Catalog.
Generate an API key in the Demand Acceleration Platform
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to Settings.
2. Click Organization Settings.
3. Click the Generate New Key button.
4. To copy the value, click the copy icon next to the API key.
Configure the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer in the Eloqua campaign canvas
1. In Eloqua, click the cloud icon on the right-hand side in Campaigns.
2. Click Integrate Setup to open the app configuration page.
3. Add the following credentials to the configuration page and click Save:
|API Version||Select Integrate.|
|Integrate API Key||Enter your API key as obtained previously in Generate an API key in your Integrate account.|
|Integrate Lead ID Field||Select the relevant Integrate LeadID field from the drop-down menu.|
4. Create or open a campaign. Click Campaign Steps to view the available options.
5. Locate the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer.
6. Drag and drop the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer into the canvas and place it after a trigger event.
7. Connect the trigger and the Closed-Loop Media Optimizer.
8. Double-click the app in the campaign canvas to configure the Closed Loop Media Optimizer app. You can rename the app in the Step Name text field.
8. Click the edit icon to configure the app action.
9.From the Disposition drop-down, select the relevant code (see available disposition codes for more information). You can utilize the Custom Reason text area to pass additional text with the disposition. Click Save.
Example: using the Eloqua Closed Loop App to de-duplicate against Eloqua contacts
To configure the Closed Loop App to identify duplicate leads according to the contacts in your Eloqua database, select the disposition code REJECT_LEAD_DUPLICATE from the drop-down menu. Click Save.
Double-click the Segment to open the settings and select the edit icon.
Define the Segment criteria to determine if the contact already exists in the Eloqua database. You can set this according to your requirements (an example is shown below). Click Save to finalize.
In this example, the filter criteria is set to:
10. In the campaign, click Save and Activate.
Testing the closed loop app
In the Demand Acceleration Platform, add the Eloqua integration to a Source in the Integrations tab. Send a test lead to check that the closed loop app has been set up successfully. This should be a 'real' lead that originates from both the Demand Acceleration Platform Source (not one that is sent in the Source > Integrations tab > post out testing modal) and your Eloqua database.
To send test lead(s):
- Upload a lead to the Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform and check it is received in Eloqua.
- Make a change to the test lead in Eloqua and check the appropriate course of action is reflected in the Demand Acceleration Platform Source.
Available disposition codes
The disposition codes that can be used to configure the Eloqua Closed Loop App include:
Accepted Lead Codes
Return Lead Codes
For more information about lead dispositions, see Demand Acceleration Platform Dispositions.
- Closed Loop Reporting via the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Connecting to Eloqua
- Setting Up an Integration to Eloqua