Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Content Syndication | Event Lead Management | Social Integrations | Webinar Integrations
List Mappers can be used to automatically translate incoming lead data or system values from a General List into a different corresponding value (eg. CA > California).
In this article:
Creating a List Mapper
1. From the Campaigns section, navigate to the Lists page.
2. Locate the specific list for which you would like to create a mapper and click the options menu. Select Configure List Mapping.
3. The Configure List Mapping modal will appear.
4. To create a new mapper, type a name into the Mapper Name section.
- It is advisable to be clear and consistent in your naming conventions as a single list may have multiple mappers associated with it.
- If a mapper is intended for a specific use (eg. single quarter, business unit, geographic or program type) use a consistent naming convention to ensure it can be easily identified later.
5. Add the mapper values into the Map To Value column. This is the exact value that will be posted out whenever the original list value is selected.
You can do this manually by typing or pasting them into the Map To Value column.
Alternatively, you can add the mapper values in bulk from a .csv file.
- Select Download Value Map to download the template.
- This will download a .csv file within your browser so be sure you allow “app.integrate.com” appropriate permissions for this to occur.
- The list size maximum for the bulk mapper is 10,000 rows. If you have list mapping needs that exceed that limit, please submit a Support ticket for assistance.
- The bulk mapper template has two columns just like in the modal: List Value and Map To Value.
- Fill-in the desired output values under Map To Value that correspond to each list value - and save the new file as a .csv when finished.
- Leave all values under List Value exactly as is. If edits are needed to your list values, this can be done directly from the Lists page.
- Keep the headers in the .csv file when saving.
- Upload the .csv file of mapper values by selecting Upload Value Map on the modal.
- Drop the file into the blue box or click browse to select it from your computer.
- The Map to Value column will then be automatically populated with your uploaded values.
| Cells left empty in the Map To Value column will result in a blank output value.
The platform will read a cell containing only space characters as a blank value too.
6. Click Save to finish.
Please note, you cannot delete or edit the List Values from either the modal or bulk mapper template. To so do, navigate back to the Lists page and click on the list's Edit List option.
Creating multiple List Mappers
You can create additional mappers for the same list by clicking on the Mapper Name's dropdown arrow and selecting New Value Map. Follow the steps above in Creating a List Mapper.
- Any existing List Mappers will be displayed underneath New Value Map in the dropdown menu.
Deleting List Mappers
Deleting a mapper is permanent.
You can delete a mapper by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the Mapper Name. Select the one to be deleted and click Remove Value Map.
You will be prompted to confirm that the List Mapper should be removed, select Remove to complete the action.
|After creating a List Mapper, see Applying List Mappers to learn how to add it to an outbound integration or Leads Report.|