Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Content Syndication | Event Lead Management | Social Integrations | Webinar Integrations
Suppression lists are used on Campaigns/Sources to reject specific email addresses that you do not wish to send to your Marketing Automation or CRM system. A suppression list is added to an email type field.
In this article:
Creating a suppression list
|When you create a new domain list, it will be available to use with any Campaigns/Sources in your Demand Acceleration Platform account.|
Creating a suppression list from the Lists page
1. Navigate to Campaigns > Lists. This will display all the lists associated with your account.
2. Click Create List and choose Suppression List.
3. The Suppression List modal will appear.
Complete the following:
|List Name||Required||It's recommended to give the list a unique name as you'll be able to use it in any Campaigns/Sources.|
|Toggle MD5 Store||Toggle on/off||
Only select this if your suppression file is encrypted as an MD5 file. If it's not encrypted leave the toggle off, otherwise Integrate cannot block the email addresses.
4. Add the list values by dropping a .csv or .txt file into the blue box or click browse to select it from your computer. Click Create List to finish building the list.
Formatting your suppression list file
5. Once complete, you will return to the Lists page. Click the list's Options menu to edit the settings.
Creating a suppression list when adding or editing Campaign/Source fields
1. When building a new Campaign/Source or editing an existing one, go to the Fields tab to create and assign a new domain list.
2. Click on the email field to open the Field Settings side menu.
3. Scroll to the Validations section and select the Suppression List checkbox. Click the pencil icon to create a new list.
4. This will open the Suppression List modal where you can proceed with the steps outlined above (name the list and add values).
Adding a suppression list to email fields
|A note on Media Partner CPL Source: list values that are assigned to Source fields will be visible to the associated Media Partner.
1. In the Campaign/Source > Fields tab, click on the email field to open the field settings side menu.
2. Scroll to the Validation section and select the Suppression List checkbox. Click the clipboard icon to assign a list to the email field.
3. Select the desired list from the modal and click Assign A List.
- The modal displays all the lists in the account - use the search functionality to find a specific one.
The list is now visible in the field settings.
Using wildcards for broader targeting
It's possible to add wildcards to suppression lists if you want to prevent specific email addresses from being accepted by the Demand Acceleration Platform.
Wildcards are denoted with an asterisk (*).
For example: info@* would result in the rejection of any email address that begins with info@.