Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Event Lead Management
| This Help Center section is specific to using Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
For a comprehensive guide to using the Event Lead Management solution, see Event Lead Management Guides.
Event qualified leads flow through three systems. Leads are captured in the Event Lead Management system and sent to the Demand Acceleration Platform where they are checked against acceptance criteria. From there, lead data is posted out to your integrated Marketing Automation or CRM system.
To ensure valid leads are passing through the systems as planned, it is important to routinely monitor this process in all three systems.
This article explains the how to check that the event lead flow is functioning as planned. If you have rejected leads in your Event Source, instructions below can help with resolving those that may have been unintentionally blocked.
For an overview of the entire process, see Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
In this article:
- Monitoring lead flow in your Event Source
- Reviewing and resolving rejected Event leads in the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Recommended Reading
Monitoring lead flow in your Event Source
| It is advised to perform the following checks during your event and straight afterwards.
1. Check lead flow from the Event Lead Management system to the Demand Acceleration Platform
Confirm lead counts match in both systems (Event Lead Management system > Demand Acceleration Platform).
- This is the best option if you have access to both systems.
- In the Event Lead Management system, click on Events and check the number of records displayed next to the specific Event.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform, locate the specific Event Source and check the number of leads in the Accepted and Rejected columns.
Check the Integration Logging page in the Event Lead Management system.
- This is the best option if you only have access to the Event Lead Management system and/or you need to identify why lead counts don't match in the two systems.
- Look for success and error labels
- If there are required fields in your DAP Source and they are not present in the form post, the post in will fail and you will see an ERROR message in the logs. To fix the issue, check the required fields set in your DAP Source and ensure that the same fields are set as required in your Event.
- See Integration Logging for more information.
2. Check the acceptance of leads in the Demand Acceleration Platform
Confirm that leads have been properly accepted and rejected in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- To review and resolve any leads that may have been unintentionally blocked, see Reviewing and resolving rejected Event leads in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
3. Check post outs from the Demand Acceleration Platform to your integrated Marketing Automation or CRM system
There are a number of ways you can check the status of post outs and the most appropriate will depend on your system. For more information, see Post Out Lead Management in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
Reviewing and resolving rejected Event leads in the Demand Acceleration Platform
What are rejected leads?
A rejected lead indicates that data did not meet one or more of the criteria set on the Source. Rejected leads aren't always a negative, instead the platform is acting as it should to block leads that appear to be flawed.
Rejected leads do not post out to your Marketing Automation or CRM system, but they are still visible in the Source lead data and can therefore be fixed and reposted if needed.
If you have rejected leads in your Source, the below instructions can help you to resolve any leads that may have been unintentionally blocked.
Download, resolve and re-upload leads
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, click on the Sources tab.
2. Click on the Event Source to see the Summary tab.
3. Select Download Leads.
4. Select Rejected Leads from the Lead Status options and define the exported format as either .csv or .xlsx.
|If you are working with special characters and/or languages other then English, opt for the .xlsx file download to preserve those characters.|
5. Review the Disposition Code and Custom Reason columns for each rejected lead to identify why the lead has been rejected and determine what action is needed.
|Lead has been blocked for a valid rejection reason and you want it to remain rejected.||
Delete these line items from the Excel file to keep them in the rejected status.
REJECT_LEAD_INVALID_EMAIL means the email address is not valid and that lead was correctly rejected.
|Lead has been blocked unintentionally and you want it to be accepted.||
Keep all data for these line items on your Excel file (especially LeadID) and determine the resolution needed to reupload successfully.
REJECT_LEAD_INVALID_LIST_VALUE means an unexpected value was received; it was not on your assigned picklist.
Ensure any adjustments are made to your Integrate Event Source Fields to mirror the set-up of your Integrate Events Form (where your data is being collected) to enable the data to accurately transfer to your Demand Acceleration Platform.
6. Make any edits to the lead data in the spreadsheet. Once rejected leads have been resolved - either through deletion or by updating the data - save the spreadsheet file as a .csv.
- Only include the leads that need reuploading - remove any that should stay rejected.
- Leave all platform data in Columns A-K as is (especially LeadID because the platform uses that it to recognize the lead when updating the data).
| Once saved as a .csv,do not re-open the file.
It will cause any special characters to lose their formatting.
7. Navigate back to the Summary tab in your Event Source and select Upload Leads.
8. Drop the new .csv file into the popup.
9. Click Close.
10. Once processed, review the new accepted/rejected lead statuses.
| Please allow up to 30 minutes for leads to process before attempting another file upload.
If leads remain in the Processing Leads status, please contact your Integrate team for additional support.
11. Repeat the above process as needed to resolve any additional unintentionally rejected leads.
- Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Building an Event Source
- Status, Disposition and Custom Reason
- Event Lead Management section