Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Social Integrations
The purpose of connecting (authenticating) your LinkedIn Sponsored Account is to enable leads to flow from a LinkedIn campaign to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
For an overview of the entire Social Integrations process, including who your social team members are, see Social via the Demand Acceleration Platform.
This social connector works with the LinkedIn Global platform.
In this article
Integrate needs to be permitted to access LinkedIn and this is granted by a LinkedIn Admin user in LinkedIn (read more about required permissions below).
This connection is done using a temporary authentication token - meaning Integrate never receives or stores your LinkedIn login information.
The authentication token lasts 365 days before reconnection (reauthentication) is needed.
Who can setup a LinkedIn connection?
Connecting the Demand Acceleration Platform to LinkedIn is enabled by a user with both of the following permissions:
|For more information on LinkedIn Admin permissions, see articles: Add or Remove Admins on Your LinkedIn Page and Become an Admin of a LinkedIn Page.|
From here on, this user will be referenced as your Social Integration Admin.
How to connect your LinkedIn Sponsored Account
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to Settings.
2. Click on Integration Hub.
3. From the list of available integrations in the Connector Library, locate the LinkedIn integration. Click the + button to open the modal.
4. This opens the LinkedIn - Configuration modal to authenticate the connection to one of your LinkedIn Sponsored Accounts.
Type in a name for your integration in the text box - this will only be used in the Demand Acceleration Platform to help you distinguish between LinkedIn integrations. If you will have more than one, it helps to be specific with naming conventions.
Click the Authenticate button.
5. This opens a series of pop-ups from LinkedIn, where you grant Integrate permissions via your LinkedIn account.
|Ensure pop-ups from app.integrate.com are allowed in order to complete this step.|
In the first pop-up, enter your LinkedIn credentials (Integrate never receives or stores this information). If your browser has your password saved, this pop-up may fade quickly as it will not need to be reentered.
6. The next pop-up will ask you to grant Integrate permissions to Access your Lead Gen Forms and retrieve leads (Integrate never needs access to any of the other items on the list).
7. Select the corresponding LinkedIn Sponsored Account that you wish to connect from the dropdown. (If this process needs to be completed for additional LinkedIn Sponsored Accounts, this is the only step that will differ).
The LinkedIn integration can now be seen alongside any other existing integrations in your Integration Hub.
Your LinkedIn account is now connected to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
|Building a Social Campaign|
In order to keep the connection with your LinkedIn Sponsored Account, you need to reauthenticate in either of these instances:
- 365 days has passed since initial authentication / last reauthentication – Integrate will remind you 15 days before you need to complete this.
- Your Social Integration Admin's permission levels change in LinkedIn – If the Social Integration Admin access is revoked in LinkedIn, so too is Integrate's access.
If either of these occurs, the connection from LinkedIn to Integrate will be voided until reestablished.
| Any leads acquired in LinkedIn during this time will not be posted out to the Demand Acceleration Platform. They will still be accessible in LinkedIn.
Integrate is not responsible for data that is not posted to the Demand Acceleration Platform from LinkedIn as a result of either scenario above.
Who can reauthenticate LinkedIn?
Your initial Social Integration Admin will need to reauthenticate in the Demand Acceleration Platform as their login credentials will be needed again.
You can reassign your Social Integration Admin if the new user has the correct permissions in LinkedIn - ie. with both of the following:
To view your account permissions in LinkedIn Campaign Manager, click the account name > View Company Page.
To reassign permissions to another user in LinkedIn Campaign Manager, click the account name > Manage Access - note, only Account Managers can reassign permissions.
Your Social Integration Admin will receive a reauthentication reminder 15 days before the token expires.
How to reauthenticate LinkedIn
In the Integration Hub, open your LinkedIn Integration and click the Reauthenticate button. Follow the steps above to login with the Connector Authenticator's LinkedIn credentials and allow Integrate access.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my Social Integration Admin cannot have access to the Demand Acceleration Platform?
For situations where it isn't appropriate for your Social Integration Admin to have a login to the Demand Acceleration Platform (eg. they're from an agency) - please speak with your Integrate team, who can recommend a plan of action.
- Social via the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Building a Social Campaign
- Building a Social Source -- LinkedIn
- Permissions for Lead Gen Forms | LinkedIn
- Direct Sponsored Content Permissions | LinkedIn
- Add, Edit, and Remove User Permissions on Advertising Accounts | LinkedIn
- Page Admin Roles – LinkedIn Pages | LinkedIn