Raw HTTP allows you to quickly create almost any kind of post-out request. HTTP post-out consists of four parts:
- Method – POST, PUT or GET
HTTP Post Setup in a Campaign or Source
To set-up an integration within an existing campaign or source, follow the steps below. If you’re in the process of building the campaign or source, start with Step 4.
- Click Campaigns.
- Click My Campaigns or Sources.
- Select the campaign or source for which you would like to add the integration.
- Within the campaign or source, click on the Integrations tab.
- Click the Add Integration button and select HTTP.
- Hover over the HTTP integration and click the Settings (gear) icon to configure your integration
- Profile Name – Name your integration. This step is optional, but may become helpful if you need to identify or differentiate between integrations later
- In Profile Settings – Select the method and enter the request URL.
- Method – Select the required Method. This is typically POST, but PUT and GET are also options.
- URL – Enter the URL where you will be posting leads.
- Headers – Enter any necessary Headers. Headers are typically where information such as authorization or security tokens would be placed, but again, this depends on where you’re
posting the leads. If posting to Eloqua, for example, the key would be Content-Type and the value would be application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
- In Body – Configure your post string. This is where all the information you wish to post into your system will go.
- To ensure certain special characters pass into and display within your system properly, check the URL Encode Request box.
- The fields you created on the Fields tab of the campaign or source and their corresponding tokens will auto-populate in string format.
- If the field names used on the Fields tab of the campaign or source do not match your system field names, you’ll need to replace the auto-populated field names with your system fields.
- To add any additional fields required for posting leads to your system, such as the unique ID Integrate generates for each lead, the timestamp, or Integrate’s source ID, add your system field name to the string and select the corresponding token from the list of available token to the right.
- To add a static or hidden field and value, add the field name to the string and simply enter the value after the equal sign.
Tip: A list of all available mappers is also available on the right-hand side of the page. To use any of these mappers:
- Select List Mappers from the Campaign Details dropdown and click the copy icon next to your mapper.
- Paste the copied mapper after the corresponding field name.
- In the mapper, replace <FIELD_NAME> with the field name from which you’re mapping from the Fields tab.
- Select the menu icon near the top-right of the integration to open the Sandbox and test your integration.
- Enter your test data in the Test Value column.
- Click Run Test.
- The request sent and response returned from your system will appear at the top of the Sandbox.
- To save your integration, click the Save & Exit or Save & Continue buttons.