The Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform allows you to create Sources for automated lead upload purposes beyond our traditional channels and connectors. This could include sending leads into Integrate from Marketo using a Marketo Webhook or from a webinar or other online event using an API (outside of our Webinar Integrations). Here we'll review the initial set-up needed within the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform and how to collect your API posting details before completing the set-up in your inbound platform.
This article includes these sections:
Before You Begin
You must first set up and publish an Integrate CPL Campaign. We'll pick-up from there to show you how to create a Source specifically for the purpose of then uploading leads via API.
If this is your first time working within the platform and/or you are unfamiliar with the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform Basics, please reach out to your Integrate Customer Success Manager.
Add a Source for Lead Uploads via API
Within the Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to your published CPL Campaign. From the top right corner, select the Add New Source > Add Event Source.
A pop-up modal will appear letting you know your Source has been created. Click the link Check out your new source to continue.
Please Note: This Source type is classified as a CPL Event Source. Since there is no media partner assigned, you will see your account's name anywhere a media partner name would typically appear. Ex: 'Product Training' is the sample account name in the above screenshot.
Once within your Source, give it a unique name by clicking on the title in the Source header.
Make any adjustments to the settings, fields, or integration tabs to complete the set up for your Source's needs. Here are a couple suggestions:
- General Settings: Make sure your Source Start/End Dates encompass the expected duration of lead flow. Your Source will mark itself as 'Completed' once it reaches the end date, which stops lead flow.
- Fields: These should align with the fields and values that will be uploaded when lead flow begins. Pay close attention to which are marked as required, field types used, and validations applied. Any uploaded leads with values that do not meet specifications on this page will be marked as Rejected and will not be processed through the outbound integration to your MA/CRM system.
- Creative: Not typically used for this purpose
- Terms: We recommend using these settings on this tab to allow optimum lead flow into your Source
- Total Allocation Per Source: 100000 (or another large number higher than the expected number of leads)
- Payout Amount: $0 (unless you have a set CPL for these leads)
- Over-Delivery: Allowed at $0
- Pacing: None
- Seller Proofs: UNCHECKED
- Source Agreement: UNCHECKED
- De-Duplication Rules: Email - Reject if Already Exists in Source
- Integration: Ensure all data being collected on the Fields tab that you want to be sent into your MA/CRM system is represented here. You can apply list mappers if needed to reconfigure data before sending. More info on your MA/CRM system can be found here.
Once set-up is complete, be sure to test your Source's integration and confirm successful within your MA/CRM system before continuing!
Collect Your Source's API Posting Details
Once you're ready to begin accepting leads into your Source, gather the API posting details from your Source to add to your inbound platform.
Navigate to your Source's Summary tab, scroll to the bottom to locate the Delivery section.
The following components are typically needed for your API connection...
- Post URL:
- Identifies the Source into which the leads are posted.
- Example: https://api.integrate.com/post/9df050dd-8422-4068-97cd-0b5a62228da1
- Post Body String (Payload):
- Identifies the field names with placeholder values (myValue) in the locations where you'll add your platform values
- Example: first_name=myValue&last_name=myValue&email=myValue&phone=myValue&company_name=myValue
Once your API details are collected, please check with your inbound platform's support team for instructions on how to build within their platform. For example, here are BrightTALK's API instructions.
See our Sending Leads into Integrate Using a Marketo Webhook article for instructions on pushing leads programmatically from Marketo to your Integrate Source.
If you need additional assistance, please contact your integrate Customer Success Manager.