Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
After building the Campaign and Source, you can then format the lead data into a spreadsheet file and upload it to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
| You will need to have built a Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform before uploading your leads.
|Building a Source for Manual File Uploads|
In this article:
Uploading leads into a Source
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to Campaigns > Sources. Click on the Source where you would like to manually upload leads. See Building a Source for Manual File Upload for more details.
|The Source status must be Live to accept uploaded leads.|
3. In the pop-up, click Download Lead Template.
|Ensure your browser is permitted to accept popups in order download the file.|
4. The downloaded spreadsheet contains all the form fields from your Source; add your lead data into the template and save the file as a .csv.
Formatting your spreadsheet
|Once saved as a .csv, do not re-open the file.
It will cause any special characters to lose their formatting.
5. Drop the .csv file into the box or click browse to select it from your computer.
If your system requires using semicolon as delimiters (typical for some European systems), click the toggle Use Semicolon as delimiters to enable.
6. Click Upload.
7. A popup will appear indicating that the leads are being processed. Click Close to close the window.
|An email notification is no longer sent once data processing has finished.
Please allow 30 minutes for leads to be processed (this may be more for high volume data sets).
8. Click the Refresh button to see the current status of the lead upload.
The leads have been uploaded to your Source and any accepted leads will be posted out to your Marketing Automation or CRM system.
|Your manual upload is complete.
The next step is to manage your leads in your Source.
|Managing Leads after a Manual File Upload|
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to duplicate leads when uploaded?
There are two possibilities:
1. In the case of two leads classed as duplicates (according to the settings defined in the Source) being uploaded together in the same spreadsheet - duplicate action is reported on the second lead in the file and it will be rejected.
2. In the case of a lead already existing in a Source and a duplicate being uploaded as 'new', the existing lead will be updated, overwritten and resent to integrated Marketing Automation or CRM system.
For example, de-duplication settings applied are: when a lead contains the same email, reject if already exists in Source.
- Manual File Uploads via the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Building a Campaign for Manual File Upload
- Building a Source for Manual File Uploads
- Campaign & Source Settings for Manual File Uploads
- Managing Leads after a Manual File Upload