Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
There may be instances when you wish to manually upload lead data into the Demand Acceleration Platform.
For example, if you have data from an external source that you want to be standardized and validated, add static values, and map data points to other values, you can upload a .csv file in the Demand Acceleration Platform to route into your Marketing Automation or CRM Systems.
| You'll need to have built a Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform before uploading your leads.
|Building a Source for Manual File Uploads|
In this article:
Before you manually upload leads
1. Build a CPL Campaign in the Demand Acceleration Platform to house the Source where your leads will be collected from the manual upload.
2. Build an (Event) Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform for your leads to be collected from the manual upload.
3. Format lead data into a .csv spreadsheet, with column headers matching your Field Names in preparation for upload.
4. Upload your .csv file into your Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
Uploading leads into a Source
1. Login to the Demand Acceleration Platform and navigate to Campaigns > Sources. Click on the Source where you'd like to manually upload leads. See Building a Source for Manual File Upload for more details.
|The Source status must be Live (blue play button) to accept uploaded leads.|
2. Select Upload Leads on the Source Summary page.
3. In the popup, click Download Leads Template.
|Ensure your browser is permitted to accept popups in order download the file.|
4. The downloaded spreadsheet contains all the form fields from your Source; add your lead data into the template and save the file as a .csv.
Formatting your spreadsheet
|Once saved as a .csv, do not re-open the file.
It will cause any special characters to lose their formatting.
5. Drop the .csv file into the box or click browse to select it from your computer.
If your system requires using semicolon as delimiters (typical for some European systems), click the toggle Use Semicolon as delimiters to enable.
6. Click Upload.
7. A popup will appear indicating that the leads are being processed. Click Close to close the window.
You'll be able to see the acceptance/rejection of leads in real time as they process on the Source Summary page.
|An email notification is no longer sent once data processing has finished.
Please allow 30 minutes for leads to be processed (this may be more for high volume data sets).
8. Click the Refresh button to see the current status of the lead upload.
The leads have been uploaded to your Source and any accepted leads will be posted out to your Marketing Automation or CRM system.
|Your manual upload is complete.
The next step is to manage your leads in your Source.
|Managing Leads after a Manual File Upload|
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens to duplicate leads when uploaded?
There are two possibilities:
1. In the case of two leads classed as duplicates (according to the settings defined in the Source) being uploaded together in the same spreadsheet - duplicate action is reported on the second lead in the file and it will be rejected.
2. In the case of a lead already existing in a Source and a duplicate being uploaded as 'new', the existing lead will be updated, overwritten and resent to integrated Marketing Automation or CRM system.
For example, de-duplication settings applied are: when a lead contains the same email, reject if already exists in Source.
- Building a Source for Manual File Uploads
- Campaign & Source Settings for Manual File Uploads
- Managing Leads after a Manual File Upload