Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
Obtain a complete view of your media program performance within the Demand Acceleration Platform using real-time pipeline data from Marketo. Closed Loop functionality provides a clear view into which campaigns, content and partners are driving the highest return on investments, so you can more effectively analyze and optimize for future programs.
You need to have connected your Marketo account with the Demand Acceleration Platform - before setting up closed loop reporting.
|Connecting to Marketo|
In this article
- Integration setup overview
- Add a string-type field to collect Integrate Lead ID
- Setting up Marketo Closed Loop Reporting
- Testing the closed loop webhook
- Available disposition codes
- Recommended Reading
Integration setup overview
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Connect to Marketo.
- In Marketo and the Demand Acceleration Platform - Add a string-type field to collect Integrate Lead ID.
- In Marketo - Create a new Marketo Webhook.
- In Marketo - Set Custom Headers.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Enter Marketo credentials, field details and configure response mapping.
| You need access to your Marketo Admin section (with Marketo Admin permissions) and your Integrate Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you are logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
Setting up Marketo Closed Loop Reporting
Add a string-type field to collect Integrate Lead ID
In Marketo, add a string-type field that will collect the Integrate Lead ID whenever leads are posted out from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the Source integration in the Demand Acceleration Platform, ensure the Integrate Lead ID field is mapped to the corresponding Marketo field. This is done in the Source Integrations tab - see Setting up an Integration to Marketo for instructions.
Create a new webhook
1. In Marketo, go to Admin.
2. From the Admin panel, click on Webhooks.
3. Click on New Webhook.
4. In the New Webhook modal, add the following credentials.
|Field||Required?||Action in Marketo|
|Webhook Name||Required||Add a unique recognizable name for the webhook.|
|Description||Optional||Add a description.|
Paste in the Webhook URL in this format:
Replace yourOrganizationIdHere with the value located in the Demand Acceleration Platform > Organization Settings > API Keys.
|Request Type||Required||Keep set as POST.|
Use the Payload Template format below, replacing the placeholder values (in bold) with your Marketo Tokens for each corresponding field.
|Request Token Encoding||Optional||Set to JSON.|
|Response type||Optional||Leave as None.|
Set Custom Headers
1. Open the new Webhook and click Webhook Actions > Set Custom Header.
2. In the Set Custom Header modal, click Add.
Add the following:
Replace yourIntegrateApiKey with the API Key copied from the Demand Acceleration Platform Organization Settings.
3. In the Set Custom Header modal, click Add again.
Add the following:
Apply the webhook to a Smart Campaign
1. Create or open a Trigger Smart Campaign.
2. In Marketing Activities panel, select the Trigger Smart Campaign.
Click the Smart List tab and add the filter Integrate LeadID field is not empty. You can also add other triggers and filters that help define which leads are pulled into the Smart Campaign.
3. In the Flow tab, select the webhook that was created in the previous step.
4. Activate the Smart Campaign in the Schedule tab.
Testing the closed loop webhook
In the Demand Acceleration Platform, add the Marketo integration to a Source in the Integrations tab. Send a test lead to check that the closed loop app has been set up successfully. This should be a 'real' lead that originates from both the Demand Acceleration Platform Source (not one that is sent in the Source > Integrations tab > post out testing modal) and your Marketo database.
To send test lead(s):
- Upload a lead to the Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform and check it is received in Marketo.
- Make a change to the test lead in Marketo and check the appropriate course of action is reflected in the Demand Acceleration Platform Source.
Available disposition codes
The disposition codes that can be used to configure the Marketo Closed Loop Trigger include:
Accepted Lead Codes
Return Lead Codes
For more information about lead dispositions, see Demand Acceleration Platform Dispositions.
- Closed Loop Reporting via the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Connecting to Marketo (REST API Integration)
- Setting Up an Integration to Marketo