Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
This article outlines the first steps needed to connect the Demand Acceleration Platform with Oracle Eloqua, in order to post out leads (contacts).
Here you will learn what information is needed from Eloqua, where to retrieve the information and how to create a new integration with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
|Using this configuration, the Demand Acceleration Platform will send leads to Eloqua using an Outbound Form.|
In this article
What this integration feature can do
- Pass data in real-time.
- Create new leads in Eloqua.
- Update and add data to an existing lead in Eloqua with the same email address.
Integration setup overview
- In Eloqua - Create a new form.
- In Eloqua - Gather Eloqua credentials and field information.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Enter Eloqua credentials and field details.
| You need access to your Eloqua system (as an Eloqua administrator or with the appropriate action and interface permissions) and the Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you're logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
Connecting the systems
The Demand Acceleration Platform needs credentials gathered from Eloqua in order to send leads into a form. The sections below outline the details needed and instructions to complete this setup in both platforms.
Create your Eloqua Form(s)
The Demand Acceleration Platform connects to Eloqua by posting data to a designated Eloqua form. In order to do this, it is recommended that you create a new form in Eloqua that will only be used to receive contacts from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
| This new form should only be used for receiving data from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
It shouldn't be used anywhere else on your website or landing pages.
When creating your designated Eloqua form(s), keep these things in mind:
- Determine how many Eloqua forms will be needed.
- Some customers use one single form to receive all leads from the Demand Acceleration Platform and then create routing campaigns/rules to move each lead into the correct nurture program or lead queue.
- Other customers with more complex product SKUs and Eloqua/CRM setups, choose to create multiple Eloqua forms to receive leads from different programs. An example might be to create one form to collect American leads and another to collect European leads.
- There is no “correct” way to do this, the best approach is the one that suits your team’s needs. Your Customer Success Manager can advise you further if needed.
- See Eloqua's article Creating your first form for instructions.
- Add fields for all data points you wish to receive from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- This includes all common contact fields, including any system fields (eg. Integrate Lead ID, Campaign names, Campaign IDs, Source details), that you may want to receive with each lead.
- Determine whether these fields are required or optional on the form(s).
It is recommended to create a custom contact field in Eloqua to store the uniquely generated Integrate Lead ID.
- Configure your form(s) processing steps accordingly.
- You can use these to create/update a contact record, add leads to an Eloqua campaign and/or update a custom object.
- See Eloqua's article Configuring form processing steps for instructions.
Gather required information from Eloqua
Once your Eloqua form is established, you need to retrieve the following data points from Eloqua.
|Data to collect from Eloqua
||Where to find the data|
In your Eloqua form, go to Actions > View Form HTML.
HTML field details *
In your Eloqua form, select each field to open the field detail panel.
| * If multiple Eloqua forms will be used, collect the elqFormName and HTML field details for each form.
Use the Connecting to Eloqua Template at the end of this article to help capture your details.
Post URL, elqFormName, elqSiteID, elqCustomerGUID & elqCookieWrite
Navigate to the Eloqua form created in the step above. In the top right corner, select Actions > View Form HTML.
Within the Form Integration Details window, toggle to the Integration Details section at the top. Here you will find the Post URL, elqFormName, elqSiteID, elqCustomerGUID and elqCookieWrite values.
HTML field details
Within your Eloqua form, click on each form field to open the right-hand field details panel. Here you will find the HTML field name and corresponding field details.
For each form field, note:
- HTML Name - Special characters should not be included
- Field type - Eg. string, currency, date, integer, phone, Boolean
- Picklist field values (if applicable) - Common for fields like state, country, industry, etc.
- Field length restrictions - Min/max number of characters
- Field requirement - Whether field is required or optional, plus any other validation requirements
To view validation requirements for each form field, toggle to the validation tab in the right-hand field details panel. For each form field, note whether the field is required or optional, as well as any other validation rules.
Connect Eloqua to the Demand Acceleration Platform
Having collected all the required information from Eloqua, you can now establish your integration in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, click the Settings icon.
2. Click on the Integration Hub and scroll to the Integration Library. Click the + button on the Outbound Form tile.
3. The integration configuration modal will appear.
Within the Outbound Form - Configuration modal, complete the following:
Enter a name for your Eloqua integration.
Paste in the Post URL value that was collected from your Eloqua instance.
Add these required values to a single line (copy and paste the below values exactly).
|URL Encode Request
Check this box.
Add your Eloqua HTML Field Names that you gathered in the previous section of this guide. You can bulk copy and paste these from Excel, with each field on a new line, into this section.
4. Once completed, click the Integrate button to save and create your new integration.
You will now see your Eloqua (Outbound Form) Integration as a tile in the System Integrations section at the top of your Integration Hub page.
If any changes need to be made (such as if additional fields are added), you can open this modal to adjust the integration settings. Click the Settings icon.
The Demand Acceleration Platform and Eloqua are now connected.
|Setting Up an Integration to Eloqua|
For more help, get in touch with our Support Team or your Customer Success Manager.