This document will outline how to create a Custom Contact Field in Eloqua so that you can store a uniquely generated Integrate Lead ID which is a requirement to configure closed loop reporting and deduplicating against your Eloqua database.
This article includes these sections:
- Creating a New Custom Contact Field in Eloqua
- Adding Your New Integrate Lead ID Field to Your Integrate Eloqua Form(s)
- Adding Your New Integrate Lead ID Field to Your Integrate Data Acceleration Platform Eloqua Integration
Before You Begin
- You will need to access your Eloqua account and your Integrate Data Acceleration Platform. It is recommended that you are logged into both accounts and have them both open.
- Within Eloqua, your user must have a security group assigned to you that allows you to 'Manage Contacts' under the Action Permissions
- Please review the Oracle documentation on how to create a custom contact field in Eloqua. You should be familiar with this guide before you continue with the documentation here.
Creating a New Custom Contact Field in Eloqua
Within your Eloqua instance, navigate to settings by clicking the gear button in the top right hand corner.
Under Database Setup, select Fields & Views.
Click the + button in the bottom left and select Add Contact Field.
Fill in the following areas:
- Display Name = Enter a name for your new field like “Integrate Lead ID”
- Data type = “Text”
- Field type = “Textbox”
- Default value = Can be left blank
- Default Update Logic = “Update if new value is not blank”
- Check the box for “Do not pre-populate this field in Eloqua for Sales”
- The rest can be left as is, unless otherwise required
Click Save in the bottom right corner.
Adding Your New Integrate Lead ID Field to Your Integrate Eloqua Form(s)
To send data to this new custom field in Eloqua, we need to add it to the form(s) that the Data Acceleration Platform posts leads into.
Open the form in Eloqua that you created to receive data from the Integrate Data Acceleration Platform. Choose the option to add a Contact Field to the form and select the newly created field for the Integrate Lead ID.
Select the Integrate Lead ID field you just added to your form and copy the HTML Name from the Advanced Settings section of the right hand pane.
In your Processing steps on the form, ensure that when Eloqua is creating/updating a contact record, the Integrate Lead ID field on the form is mapped to the correct target field.
Adding Your New Integrate Lead ID Field to Your Integrate Data Acceleration Platform Eloqua Integration
Now that you have created your new custom Eloqua field and you added it to your form to receive data, you now need to add this new field to your existing Eloqua integration within the Integrate Data Acceleration Platform.
Open your Integrate Data Acceleration Platform, click the settings gear icon in the top right corner, select the Integration Hub sub-page, and then locate your existing Outbound Form Eloqua integration. Click the gear icon to open the configuration modal.
Under the Schema section, paste in the HTML Name of the Integrate Lead ID field that you added to your Eloqua form in the steps above. Hit the Enter to add it and you will now see it added to the bottom of your field list.
Click Update in the top right to lock in your change.
You can now use your newly added Integrate Lead ID field when you are configuring your Eloqua integration in an Integrate Source within the Data Acceleration Platform.
You will need to use a token for this, so please review our post out token documentation for further explanation.