Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
This article outlines how to create a Custom Contact Field in Eloqua so that you can store a uniquely generated Integrate Lead ID. This is a requirement to configure closed loop reporting and to set up de-duplication against your Eloqua database.
You need to have connected your Eloqua account with the Demand Acceleration Platform - before creating a Custom Contact Field.
|Connecting to Eloqua|
In this article
Before you begin
| You need access to your Eloqua Admin section (as an Eloqua administrator or with the appropriate action and interface permissions) and the Demand Acceleration Platform.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you're logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
- Within Eloqua, your user must have a security group assigned to you that allows you to 'Manage Contacts' under the Action Permissions.
- Please review the Oracle documentation on how to create a custom contact field in Eloqua. You should be familiar with this guide before you continue with the documentation here.
- In Eloqua - Create a new Custom Contact Field.
- In Eloqua - Add the new Custom Contact Field to your Eloqua Form(s).
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform - Add the new Custom Contact Field to your integration schema.
Creating a new Custom Contact Field in Eloqua
1. In Eloqua, click Settings > Fields & Views.
2. Click the + icon to expand the list of options.
3. Click Add Contact Field.
4. Add the following settings to the new contact field and then click Save:
|Field||Action in Eloqua|
|Display name||Enter a recognizable name (eg. Integrate Lead ID).|
|Database name||Automatically generated according to the display name set.|
|Data type||Keep Text selected.|
|Field type||Keep Textbox selected.|
|Default Value||Keep the field blank.|
|Default Update Logic||Select Update if new value is not blank from the drop-down menu.|
Adding the new Integrate Lead ID Field to your Eloqua Form(s)
To send data to the new custom field in Eloqua, it needs to be added to the form(s) where lead data will be posted.
1. In Eloqua, open the form that was created to receive data from the Demand Acceleration Platform. Click Contact Fields.
2. Select the Integrate Lead ID field.
3. Click the field and copy the HTML Name from the Advanced Settings.
4. Click Processing.
5. Click Update Contacts - With Form Data and check that the Integrate Lead ID field in the Source Field column is mapped to the correct Target Field.
Adding the Integrate Lead ID Field to the Demand Acceleration Platform
Having created your new custom Eloqua field and added it to your form, you now need to add the new field to your Eloqua integration in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to the Integration Hub. Locate your existing Eloqua integration and click the gear icon to open the configuration modal.
2. In the Schema section, add the HTML Name of the Integrate Lead ID field and tap Enter to add the field to the schema. It will be added to the end of the field list. Click Update.
The Integrate Lead ID field can now be used to set up your Eloqua integration on a Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- Connecting to Eloqua
- Setting Up an Integration to Eloqua
- Eloqua Closed Loop App
- Using Eloqua Closed Loop to Deduplicate Against Eloqua Contact Database