Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Event Lead Management
| This Help Center section is specific to using Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
For a comprehensive guide to using the Event Lead Management solution, see Event Lead Management Guides.
The purpose of building an Event Campaign in the Demand Acceleration Platform is to create a group that will house your Sources, which is where incoming leads from the Event Lead Management system will be collected. The properties of the Campaign will be copied when creating new Sources - use them as a template to create similar Sources quickly.
This article outlines the instructions for creating an Event Campaign, which will be completed by your Demand Acceleration Platform Power User after some initial setup in the Event Lead Management system.
For an overview of the entire process using both Integrate systems, see Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
| You need to have set up an Event template / form in the Event Lead Management system - before building your Event Campaign in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
|Setting up your Event|
In this article:
Creating an Event Campaign in the Demand Acceleration Platform
This Campaign should be built to match the Event template built in the Event Lead Management system.
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to Campaigns > My Campaigns. Click Create Campaign.
2. Select the Event Lead Management Campaign type in the pop-up and click Continue.
For more information on Campaign types, see Creating & Cloning Campaigns.
3. This will take you to the new Campaign General Settings tab. Enter your Campaign General Settings and click Save.
It is advisable to include the word Events and/or use a specific naming convention to help distinguish between multiple Campaigns (eg. region, team, quarter).
Create your Campaign to form a template that helps build Sources quickly.
4. Move to the Default Terms tab and fill in any required details. This step defines the terms that will apply by default to every new Source created as a part of this Campaign. Click Save when you are finished.
5. Move to the Fields tab and configure your Campaign Fields. Click Save when you are finished.
You can drag and drop fields from the Field Creator to the Campaign Fields section to configure your Fields. For more details on configuring your Campaign Fields, see Fields Tab and Field Types & Validations.
| The fields here should be set up to match those in an Event template in the Event Lead Management system.
Any mandatory fields should be mirrored in both the Demand Acceleration Platform and the Event Lead Management system.
| If you are adding validation to a phone number field, it must be designated as mandatory in the Event template/form.
For more information, see Setting up your Event.
6. Move to the Integrations tab and set up any outbound integrations to your Marketing Automation or CRM system by selecting Add Integration. Click Save when you are finished. For more information on Integrations, see Integrations tab.
|Do not use the Audit Logs tab. Audit Logs are currently unavailable due to performance issues and will be restored at a future date.|
7. Your Campaign is now set up. The next step is to build an Event Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform. Refer to Building an Event Source for complete instructions.
| If you have a Managed Service package with Integrate, we’ll build and manage your Event Campaigns within the Demand Acceleration Platform.
We will also provide regular reporting to keep you informed. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I move my Sources to a different Campaign?
No. We recommend considering how your event activity is grouped overall in terms of your teams wider strategy (eg. by region, team, quarter). In the Demand Acceleration Platform, Campaigns are used to group Sources and they cannot be reassigned to other Campaigns once built; you might want this setup to mirror your teams existing strategy.
- Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Creating & Cloning Campaigns
- Building an Event Source
- Event Lead Management section