Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Event Lead Management
| This Help Center section is specific to using Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
For a comprehensive guide to using the Event Lead Management solution, see Event Lead Management Guides.
The purpose of building an Event Source is to collect and process leads from the Event Lead Management system to the Demand Acceleration Platform - before posting out to your Marketing Automation or CRM system.
This article outlines the instructions for creating Event Sources, which will be completed by your Demand Acceleration Platform Power User after building an initial Event Campaign.
For an overview of the entire process using both Integrate systems, see Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
| You'll need to have 1) set up an Event form in the Event Lead Management system, and 2) have built an Event Campaign in the Demand Acceleration Platform - before building your Event Source.
|Setting up your Event||Building an Event Campaign|
In this article:
Creating an Event Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform
| This Source should be built to match the Event form built in the Event Lead Management System.
See Setting up your Event for more information.
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to Campaigns > My Campaigns. Open the Event Campaign that you created in Building an Event Campaign.
2. Select Add New Source and choose either Add Check-in Source or Add Lead Capture Source. Refer to each description below for information on selecting the appropriate Source.
- Add Check-in Source - Select this option when Track Attendance is enabled in the Event Lead Management Platform. Refer to Setting up Check-in Events for more information.
- Add Lead Capture Source - Select this option when doing a booth event to capture new prospect data.
3. Your Source has been created. Click Check out your new source.
The Source is automatically set to Live and is now housed in your Campaign.
Name your Source
You can give your Source a nickname - known as the Source Alias - to help you identify it. This is done in the Source Summary tab by clicking on the Source title. Type your new Source Alias and it will save automatically when you click elsewhere.
The Source Alias can be anything you like - we recommend determining a naming convention to use across all your Sources, which will help you to identify them.
Confirm setup of fields
The initial fields on the Fields tab of your Source have been carried over from the setup of your Campaign. On the Source level, you now can make changes or additions as needed to collect and validate the lead data flowing in from your Event form within the Event Lead Management system.
| The fields here should be set up to match those in your Event form that was set up in the Event Lead Management system.
Any mandatory fields should be mirrored in both the Demand Acceleration Platform and the Event Lead Management system.
1. In the Source, navigate to the Fields tab. Make adjustments to the fields and validations as needed to properly allow lead flow from the associated Event form. Click Save when you are finished.
2. Click on the Source Field you would like to edit. This will open the Field Details panel and reveal the field editing and validations available for that field type.
For information on field types and settings within Field Details, see Fields Tab.
It is recommended to keep your Event Source Field Names consistent (eg. using Work Email or Email) to ensure seamless lead flow between systems and enable consistent reporting later.
3. Add or remove any validations specific to this Source to block any undesirable data collected using your Event form (eg. invalid emails, competitor domains).
These field validations help determine whether Event leads are accepted to be passed through to your Marketing Automation or CRM system or rejected within the Demand Acceleration Platform. To read more about types of field validations available, see Field Types & Validations.
Confirm Default Terms
The rules in the Default Terms tab have been carried over from the setup of your Campaign. On the Source level, you can adjust these as needed for your event.
For information on settings available and recommendations for Event Sources, see Terms Tab.
It is recommended to add de-duplication rules for Event Sources to prevent multiple versions of the same lead from being collected and passed to your Marketing Automation or CRM system. Read more in Terms Tab (De-Duplication section).
Confirm outbound integration
The initial set up of your Source Integration tab has been carried over from the Campaign. On the Source level, you now can make changes or additions to post out accepted leads according to the needs of your Event Source (eg. add routing details specific to your Event form).
Open your Source integration tile to make your changes and send a test lead to confirm, then click Save.
For more about setting up and testing your specific Marketing Automation and CRM integration, see Integrations & Post outs.
| Your Event Source is now set up.
The next step is to map your form fields in the Event Lead Management system.
|Mapping an Event Form to an Event Source in the Demand Acceleration Platform|
| If you have a Managed Service package with Integrate, we’ll build and manage your Event Sources within the Demand Acceleration Platform.
This includes regular reporting to keep you informed. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more details.
- Event Lead Management with the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Adding New Sources
- Building an Event Campaign
- Event Lead Management section