Relevant to: Event Lead Management
We're committed to upgrading the technology of our mobile app, dashboard and public API in order to deliver continuous improvements to the Event Lead Management experience for all customers. We're now bringing Single Sign-On (SSO) to Integrate Events, which will make user access to the platform faster and easier for everyone.
As part of this work, there needs to be some downtime to the Event Lead Management service on the 19th December 2020.
There is some important action that you and your team will need to take in response to the changes coming on the 19th December 2020.
In this article:
Expected downtime on 19th December
The Event Lead Management system will experience down-time on 19th December. This is expected to last for 3 hours and affect all areas of the system, including the dashboard, mobile app and API.
To keep informed with live updates, please see our System Status Page.
Changes to the mobile app
All users will need to update their app version to v5.0 from the App Store or Google Play.
|If you've been using the mobile app in the last few weeks: ensure mobile devices are connected to the internet and perform a sync before 19th December. Otherwise, there is a risk of data loss.
- Users need to install the new app version 5.0 (either via automatic download or manually in the stores).
- Older versions of the mobile app will no longer work; a message will be displayed in the app to prompt an update.
- Anyone who uses the mobile app will need to sync their devices before 19th December 2020.
Users will log in to the updated mobile app with an email and password.
- If you previously had access to the dashboard, you will be able to log in to the mobile app using the same credentials that you use to access the dashboard.
If you previously only had access to the mobile app, will need to set up a new password in order to log in to the mobile app.
How to set-up a new password.
1. To set up a new password for the mobile app, click on Login. Those on iOS devices will see a popup confirming access to integrate.com. Tap Continue.
2. Tap on the Forgot your password? button. Then enter your email address and tap Send reset instructions.
Alternatively, a user with access to the dashboard will be able to trigger a password reset email in Team > Users by clicking on the Send button .
3. You will then receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org titled Manage your password.
If you do not receive the email, check all folders for the invitation (eg. junk).
4. Click on the link to be taken to a New Password page. Enter a password, confirm it and click the blue button.
5. Then return to the mobile app and use the email and new password to log in.
Changes to the dashboard
If you previously had access to the dashboard, your login credentials to the dashboard and user role will remain the same.
- In the dashboard, your user type will display the role that you have on 19th December 2020.
If you previously had access to the mobile app only, you will now be assigned the role App user.
Users who can manage account access in the dashboard will see members of their team labelled with the role type App user.
Those with App user roles will be able to login to the dashboard. However, they will only see a page that instructs them to download the mobile app - they will not have access to any dashboard functionality.
Leads collected will be unaffected by changes to user accounts; leads will remain attributed to the same user.
The number of 'active app users' is now defined as: "all users who have captured one or more leads via the mobile app in the last 90 days".
- This information can be found on the Plans & Billings page in the dashboard.
If you previously used Shared App User types, this functionality is being deprecated.
- You will have been contacted directly by your Customer Support Manager if you are affected by this.
Changes to the public API
If you use the Integrate Events public API, you'll need to connect to the new API v2.1.
- Public API v2.1 will be available on the 19th December 2020.
It will contain a new method of user authentication.
You will need to update the SDK or change the endpoints to the new authentication.
You will be able to do this once the new API is available (not ahead of time).
To connect to the new API, you will need to generate a new API token in the dashboard.
For more information and technical documentation, see: Transition from API v2.0 to v2.1; required changes for developers.
On 19th December 2020, API v2.0 will no longer be accessible and will not work.
|When I open the mobile app I see an error message.||On the 19th Dec we changed the way authenticate users in the mobile app and in doing so released a new version (v5.0) to the App Store/ Google Play. Older versions of the App can no longer sync data back to the cloud.||Install the latest version of the mobile app, and log in with an email and password, in order to continue to capture leads.|
|The link in the Manage password email I received has expired.||The link to set a new password it time-limited for security reasons.||If the link has expired, please use the Forgot password functionality on the web or in the mobile app to resend this email.|
|I have been working offline and now that I’m online I cannot sync my data.||
While events have been on hold, we have been investing our time in the security of our platform, and building towards a future where we can offer SSO as a way to setup and authenticate users. On the 19th December 2020 we changed the way in which we authenticate users in the mobile app.
As communicated on the 9th and 17th December to all Account Owners, and on the 10th and 17th December to all App Users, we advised that all app users who had captured data in the recent weeks must sync their devices ahead of this date in order to avoid data loss. Due to breaking changes, older versions of the mobile app are no longer able to sync data back to the cloud, and therefore unsynced data cannot be retrieved from those devices.
Due to the current lack of events due to Coronavirus and proximity to Christmas, we calculated minimal customers would be affected and tried to ensure all customers were aware before the change. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.