Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Content Syndication
Running content syndication campaigns through the Demand Acceleration Platform will almost always involve working with a Media Partner. This article explains what interactions you can expect to have with a Media Partner.
For general information about content syndication, see Content Syndication via the Demand Acceleration Platform and Content Syndication Basics.
In this article:
- Interacting with Media Partners
- Considerations when using the Demand Acceleration Platform with Media Partners
- Recommended Reading
Interacting with Media Partners
Ways to communicate with your Media Partner
You can choose to liaise with a Media Partner via the Demand Acceleration Platform's messaging functionality or communicate directly with them through external channels.
- Using the Demand Acceleration Platform's messaging functionality helps with general organization because it keeps a record of communication in one place - inside the platform where both you and the Media Partner are active.
| If you choose to liaise with Media Partners using the Demand Acceleration Platform messaging functionality, it is advised to check with Media Partners that they have enabled the appropriate notifications so that they are informed whenever you send a message.
For more information, see Notification Settings.
When you need to communicate with your Media Partner
- When running content syndication through the Demand Acceleration Platform, there are several times when you need to liaise directly with your Media Partner. These include:
Action that prompts communication with an a Media Partner
When you make a Source live
Inform the Media Partner that a new Source has been sent to them in the Demand Acceleration Platform. They will need to review it and accept the Source before it goes live.
To instruct the Media Partner to reupload leads
If leads have been rejected by the Demand Acceleration Platform due to an error in upload, you can instruct the Media Partner to reupload them once they have corrected the issue.
If you make changes to a Source after they have accepted it
It is not recommended to change a Source or associated elements (eg. mappers and lists) after a Source has been accepted by a Media Partner. However if you do need to make changes, the Media Partner should be informed because it might affect data that has already been collected.
|Reviewing and approving content proofs||
If you choose to use the Demand Acceleration Platform Proofs functionality to review and approve content from the Media Platform, you can do so in the Proofs Tab.
|Uploading and managing content assets||
If you choose to upload content assets to the Demand Acceleration Platform, you can do so in the Asset Library.
If you message Media Partners in the Demand Acceleration Platform, they will be alerted to new messages provided they have enabled the required Notification Settings. It is good practice to inform the Media Partner when you send a message or update as they are likely to be managing multiple clients and campaigns.
Considerations when using the Demand Acceleration Platform with Media Partners
Everything that you set up in the Demand Acceleration Platform must reflect the terms of your agreement with a Media Partner
- Media Partners have to agree the terms of working with you before Sources can start collecting content syndication leads.
- The settings that are defined in the Demand Acceleration Platform must reflect the terms as stated in your contract with the Media Partner, otherwise they can decline the Source.
- The Demand Acceleration Platform governs these terms by checking that lead data meets the defined criteria for each Source.
- For more information, see Building a CPL Campaign for Content Syndication or Building a Media Partner Source.
Factor time into your campaign plan for new Media Partners to be connected to your account
- If you plan to work with a new Media Partner that is not yet connected to your account, you will need to allow time for the two to be connected.
- This can take 3 business weeks (for Media Partners who are completely new to Integrate) or 1 business day (for Media Partners already known to Integrate).
- You will need to inform your Customer Success Manager that you plan to work with a new Media Partner, in order to start the connection process.
- For more information about linking new Media Partners to your Demand Acceleration Platform account, see Partners.