Relevant to: Event Lead Management
Enable single sign-on (SSO) to quickly and securely provision team access to the Event Lead Management system. If you already use an Identity Provider (IdP)* for enterprise SSO access to other web and mobile apps, you can add the Event Lead Management system to experience the same benefits of a fast, easy login for your whole team.
* Identity Providers (IdPs) that use SAML protocols are supported.
In this article:
Set up overview
The process of setting up SSO with the Event Lead Management system will involve liaising with your Integrate Customer Success Manager. Your organization's IT systems administrator may need to be involved in the technical setup too.
1. Inform your Integrate Customer Success Manager that you'd like to implement SSO with the Event Lead Management system.
2. In your IdP - Set up a SAML connection (please inform your Customer Success Manager if your system uses a different protocol).
3. In your IdP - Set up a test account (if possible).
4. In your IdP - Gather data and credentials and provide them to your Integrate Customer Success Manager.
5. Integrate will implement the technical process in the back end.
6. Integrate will provide the connection details so that you can enable the final configuration.
Data and credentials to be collected from your Identity Provider (IdP)
- X509 Signing Certificate in PEM or CER format used by your Identity Provider (IdP)
- Identity Provider (IdP) Sign In URL
- Identity Provider (IdP) Sign Out URL (optional)
- Credentials for a test account in your Identity Provider (IdP)
|This data is sensitive and must be shared using a secure service (such as 1Password or LastPass).|
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when a user attempts to login to the Event Lead Management system with SSO?
If a user already has an account in the Event Lead Management system - they will login seamlessly with one click or tap.
If a user does not have an account in the Event Lead Management system - one will be automatically created based on the information that is provided by the IdP.
What happens if a user is removed from my Identity Provider?
When a user leaves your organization, your systems admin will remove them centrally via your Identity Provider. Doing this will not remove them from the Event Lead Management system, however the user will not be able to access the events system because your IdP will not be able to confirm the user's identity.
You can manually delete the user in the Dashboard > Team > Users page; see Deleting a user for more information.
Can I invite new users to my Event Lead Management account if they do not have an email address containing the domain linked to my Identity Provider?
If you would like the ability to manually provide access to users outside of your domain, speak with your CSM.
Why can't I access the Password page in the Settings menu?
Users who access the Event Lead Management system via Single Sign On will not see the Password page because passwords are managed by your Identity Provider.