Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Content Syndication
Once the Source has been accepted by the Media Partner (and at least one proof has been approved, if using this feature), the Source will be set live and can begin collecting leads. See Launching a Media Partner Source for an outline of this process.
The timing of your initial leads and frequency of upload is dependent on the associated Media Partner - speak to them directly if this differs from your expectations. See Working with your Media Partner for tips on communicating with Media Partners.
While your CPL Campaign is live, it is recommended to regularly monitor inbound leads in your Media Partner Sources to ensure all valid leads are successfully passing to your outbound system integrations. This is particularly important once your initial Source has been launched.
This article explains how your team can stay in tune with Content Syndication lead flow. For an overview of the entire process, see Content Syndication via the Demand Acceleration Platform.
| You need to have launched a Media Partner Source - before monitoring incoming Content Syndication leads.
|Launching a Media Partner Source|
In this article:
Monitoring lead flow in your Media Partner Source
|It is recommended to perform the following steps weekly once your Source has launched.
1. Check lead status in the Demand Acceleration Platform
Confirm that leads have been properly uploaded and/or validated in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- This can be done by quickly reviewing the total number of Accepted and Rejected leads within your Source(s) on either the Sources page or Source Summary tab.
- For example, if you notice an unusually high number of Rejected leads, this may prompt further investigation.
- Review Reviewing and resolving rejected Content Syndication leads section below for steps to resolve.
- If further investigation is needed to assess, more information can be found by downloading a Leads Report or a Source Report and reviewing the rejection reasons.
- See our Insights section for instructions and details on available reports.
- Reports can be scheduled to be sent to you regularly to prompt system checks and provide you with the necessary information.
2. Check post outs from the Demand Acceleration Platform to your integrated Marketing Automation or CRM system
There are a number of ways you can check the status of post outs and the most appropriate will depend on your system. For more information, see Post Out Lead Management in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
Reviewing and resolving rejected Content Syndication leads
What are rejected leads?
A rejected lead indicates that data did not meet one or more of the criteria set on the Source. Rejected leads aren't always a negative, instead the platform is acting as it should to block leads that appear to be flawed.
The Demand Acceleration Platform sits between your Media Partner and integrated outbound system, so there can be times when an error in upload or set up may results in leads being rejected. Leads flowing into Media Partner Sources may be rejected by the Demand Acceleration Platform for several reasons (eg. field validations, missing fields).
Rejected leads are not considered billable by the Media Partner and do not post out to your Marketing Automation or CRM system. They are still visible within the Source lead data and can therefore be fixed and reuploaded by the Media Partner as needed.
Why leads can be rejected and how to resolve
When monitoring your leads for rejections, you need to assess the reason. This may be the correct status or the result of an error that needs corrective action.
After reviewing the rejection details (Disposition Code and Custom Reason) and identifying the reason for the rejection, determine your next steps from the following table.
If leads have been correctly rejected, no action required.
|Error in upload||
If leads have been incorrectly uploaded, the Media Partner is responsible for fixing any errors and re-uploading lead data to the Source.
|Error in setup||
If an error in Source set up caused leads to be incorrectly rejected, you will need to resolve by making the necessary updates. Once changes have been made, you should inform the Media Partner so they can re-upload the leads.
- Working with your Media Partner
- Content Syndication via the Demand Acceleration Platform
- My Campaigns page & Sources page
- Summary tab
- Leads Report
- Source Report
- Post Out Lead Management in the Demand Acceleration Platform