Relevant to: Event Lead Management
Using check-in functionality is a great way to get more from your lead capture experience. For times where you would like to keep a record of attendance, such as at hosted sessions, workshops and networking events - your team can use the mobile app to check-in attendees from a pre-registered list of invited people and capture new walk-ins on the day.
This functionality adds an attended status to your leads, which can be exported as part of your post-event data analysis.
To read about the mobile app experience, see Check-in Event Attendees in the Mobile App.
In this article
What you can do with check-in
- Import a list (CSV file) of invited people before your event (in the dashboard)
- Mark people as having attended your event (in the mobile app)
- Amend contact details during your event (in the mobile app)
- Add records for new attendees/walk-ins to your event (in the mobile app)
- Export an attended status with your records post-event (in the dashboard)
Setting up a Check-in Event in the Dashboard
Create your Event
1. In the Events Dashboard, click on Create New Event.
2. Enter a title for your Event, define the date period and ensure the Track attendance toggle is set to on.
3. Proceed to the Form Builder and add the fields you require.
4. Click Save & Finish.
Upload a list of attendees before your event
1. After you have set up your Event form, click on Upload a file… to upload a CSV file containing the list of invitees.
2. Map the headings (using the drop-down menus) to the corresponding form fields.
For example, the column containing email addresses would be mapped to the ‘email’ field in your form. Data that isn’t mapped to your form can be discarded.
3. Click Import to finalize the upload process.
Tips on your CSV file
First name | Last name | Email | Any other columns that relate to your form fields
Full name | Email | Any other columns that relate to your form fields
If you are uploading a CSV spreadsheet that contains extended Latin characters (eg. ß é ö æ), it is advised to use Google Sheets for the most compatible formatting. To save a spreadsheet as CSV within Google Sheets, choose File > Download as > CSV.
If you have issues with extended Latin characters in a spreadsheet, please contact the Support Team.
How check-in leads look in the dashboard
Attendees that are checked-in to an Event will display a blue icon next to their name and a time stamp in the Date Added column.