Using our check-in functionality is a great way to get more from your lead capture experience. You can now import a list of invited people into your event beforehand and capture new walk-ins on the day - whilst marking them as having attended your event. This functionality adds an attended status to your records, which you can export this as part of your post-event data analysis.
Things you can do with check-in:
1. Import a list (csv file) of invited people before your event (in the Dashboard)
2. Mark people as having attended your event (in the App)
3. Amend contact details during your event (in the App)
4. Add records for new attendees/walk-ins to your event (in the App)
5. Export an Attended Status with your records post-event (in the Dashboard)
🖥️ Setup a check-in event in the Dashboard
1. Login to the Dashboard and Create New Event
2. Click on the “Track attendance” toggle
3. Proceed to your form builder
4. Click “Save & Finish”
🖥️ Upload a list of attendees before your event
1. After you’ve setup your event form, click on “Upload a file…” to upload a csv file* containing the list of invitees
2. Next, you need to map your headings (the dropdown menu) to the corresponding form fields. For example, the column containing email addresses would be mapped to the ‘email’ field in your form. Data that isn’t mapped to your form will be discarded.
3. Then click “Next” and you’re done!
*A couple of notes on your CSV file
1. Your spreadsheet should be formatted with either of the following columns:
First name | Last name | Email | Any other columns that relate to your form fields
Full name | Email | Any other columns that relate to your form fields
2. In order for our system to read your CSV file, please use the following settings:
Note: After you change the list separator character for your computer, all programs use the new character as a list separator. You can change the character back to the default character by following the same procedure.
Tip: Extended Latin Characters
If you're uploading a CSV spreadsheet that contains extended Latin characters (such as German characters), we recommend using Google Sheets for the most compatible formatting. To save a spreadsheet as CSV within Google Sheets, choose File > Download as > CSV. If you're still having issues with extended Latin characters within a spreadsheet, please email us!
📱 Quick Check-in in the mobile app
- Tap the '+' button.
- Either browse the preloaded list or use the search functionality to find an individual.
- Tap the Quick 'Check-in' button.
- The record is marked with an attended status (checked-in).
📱 Capture a new walk-in
- If a search does not return an individual, or you simply want to create a new record, tap the 'Add new' button in the top right corner.
- Proceed to the event form and complete the information - then submit the new record.
📱 Edit an existing record
- In the list view, tap on the name and/or email of a record.
- Proceed to the form, where you can edit the data fields.
- Tap 'Submit' to save any edits and check-in the individual (apply an attended status).
📱 View checked-in event attendees in the mobile app
- In the list view, tap the back button.
- In the lead list view, see those who have been marked with an attended status (checked-in).
- Tap a record to view and make any edits.
For any help with check-in type events, speak with your CSM or email email@example.com.