Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
Once your Source is live and leads are flowing through the outbound integration and into Pardot, it is recommended to determine a regular cadence to confirm that leads are posting out as expected. There are a few ways you can do this using data and reporting from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
This article will guide you through the options and best practices when it comes to managing lead flow.
In this article
Options for monitoring post outs to Pardot
Many customers find that a weekly check to ensure alignment between the Demand Acceleration Platform and Pardot is sufficient. You should determine the cadence and monitoring method that works best for your team depending on your volume and requirements.
Below is an outline of the options available for monitoring your lead post outs to Pardot.
Review accepted lead totals in both systems
Compare the total number of accepted leads in the Demand Acceleration Platform with the lead count in Pardot.
- This is the best option for quickly confirming successful lead flow from Sources into corresponding Pardot form(s).
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform: accepted lead counts can be found in several locations.
- In Pardot: received leads can be found within each Form Handler, under the heading Prospects.
- If your lead count looks incorrect, use one of the options below to investigate and take action to resolve.
If your Sources are sending leads into Pardot forms with more complex routing, this option may not be as clear.
Where the number of accepted leads is displayed in the Sources Page
Where the number of accepted leads is displayed in the Campaign Sources Tab
Where the number of accepted leads is displayed in the Source Summary Tab
Review Response Codes in Post Out Log Report
Confirm that all leads show a successful response from Pardot in a Post Out Log Report.
- This option provides the most technical detail as a Post Out Log Report will provide full request that was posted out and the response data Pardot sent back.
- This report can be scheduled to be regularly sent to you via email.
- In a Post Out Log Report: sort by the LeadID column to group each post out attempt and review for success or error indicator values in the ResponseContent column. Follow suggested solutions in our Interpreting Pardot Post Out Responses & Common Errors to resolve as needed.
These responses can be customized within each Pardot form, so it is recommended to work closely with your Marketing Ops team to understand your responses and troubleshoot any errors.
This table shows the post out columns that can be seen in a Post Out Log Report:
|Post Out Log Report Column||Description||Suggested Action|
Based on varied responses received from Pardot, all successfully sent leads will be categorized as 200.
|ResponseReason||Based on varied responses received from Pardot, all successfully sent leads will be categorized as OK.|
This column will display the response that Pardot sent back to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
|See Interpreting Pardot Post Outs & Common Errors to investigate and take action to resolve.|
Leads classified as 'Never Delivered' will not be included in this report as they have not yet been sent to Pardot.
A note on the Lead Status chart (Source Integrations tab)
The Lead Status chart seen in the Source Integrations tab will display leads posted out to Pardot as Delivery Successful. However, it does not guarantee that Pardot has successfully processed the lead and should not be relied on to determine the post out status of leads.
Leads that have not yet been sent to Pardot may be waiting in the queue and will be displayed in the lead status chart as Never Delivered.
For more information about the Lead Status chart categories, see the following table.
The Lead Status chart only displays a count of leads from the last 90 days.
This table shows the post out lead status categories displayed in the Source Integrations tab:
|Lead Status||Description||Suggested Action|
Count of leads that have been successfully sent to Pardot by the Demand Acceleration Platform.
To confirm that all leads in this category have been successfully received by Pardot, see Options for monitoring post outs to Pardot.
|Delivery Failed||Leads using this type of outbound integration set up will never be categorized in this status.||N/A|
Count of leads that have not yet been sent to Pardot by the Demand Acceleration Platform.
You can wait for the scheduler to clear the queue and automatically repost the leads.
If needed, follow steps to manually repost the lead.
For additional information on reading the request and response code and help with troubleshooting, see Interpreting Pardot Post Outs & Common Errors.
- Testing a Pardot Integration
- Interpreting Pardot Post Out Responses & Common Errors
- Reports page
- Reposting Leads