Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
| This article relates to the use of HTTP Raw to set up an integration with HubSpot.
If you are unsure which integration method to use, see HubSpot Post Out Methods.
Once your Source is live and leads are flowing through the outbound integration and into HubSpot, it is recommended to determine a regular cadence to confirm that leads are posting out as expected. There are a few ways you can do this using data and reporting from the Demand Acceleration Platform.
This article will guide you through the options and best practices when it comes to managing lead flow.
In this article
Options for monitoring post outs to HubSpot
Many customers find that a weekly check to ensure alignment between the Demand Acceleration Platform and HubSpot is sufficient. You should determine the cadence and monitoring method that works best for your team depending on your volume and requirements.
Below is an outline of the options available for monitoring your lead post outs to HubSpot.
Review accepted lead totals in both systems
Compare the total number of accepted leads in the Demand Acceleration Platform with the lead count in HubSpot.
- This is the best option for quickly confirming successful lead flow from Sources into your corresponding HubSpot instance.
- In the Demand Acceleration Platform: accepted lead counts can be found in several locations.
- In HubSpot: received leads can be found within your instance.
- If your lead count looks incorrect, use one of the options below to investigate and take action to resolve.
If your Sources are sending leads into HubSpot with more complex routing, this option may not be as clear.
Where the number of accepted leads is displayed in the Sources Page
Where the number of accepted leads is displayed in the Campaign Sources Tab
Where the number of accepted leads is displayed in the Source Summary Tab
Review Lead Statuses in Source Integrations tab
Confirm that all leads are displayed as Delivery Successful in the Demand Acceleration Platform > Source > Integration tab > Lead Status chart.
- This is the best option for quickly confirming low volume Campaigns with few Sources.
- In the Source Integrations tab: open the HubSpot integration, review the Lead Status table and follow suggested actions below to review and resolve as needed.
If your Sources are running for more than 90 days, this option may not be as clear.
The Lead Status chart only displays a count of leads from the last 90 days.
This table shows the post out lead status categories displayed in the Source Integrations tab:
|Lead Status||Description||Suggested Action|
Count of leads that have been successfully sent to and received by HubSpot.
Count of leads that were sent to HubSpot but encountered an issue and were not yet received.
|Generate a Post Out Log Report and check the column ResponseStatusCode for additional details.
Then see Using HTTP Raw - Interpreting HubSpot Post Outs & Common Errors to investigate and take action to resolve.
Count of leads that have not yet been sent to HubSpot by the Demand Acceleration Platform.
You can wait for the scheduler to clear the queue and automatically repost the leads.
If needed, follow steps to manually repost the lead.
Review Response Codes in Post Out Log Report
Confirm all leads show as 200 in the ResponseStatusCode column in a Post Out Log Report.
- This option provides the most technical detail as a Post Out Log Report will provide full request that was posted out and the response data HubSpot sent back.
- This report can be scheduled to be regularly sent to you via email.
- In a Post Out Log Report: sort by the LeadID column to group each post out attempt and review for success or error indicator values in the ResponseContent column. Follow suggested solutions in Using HTTP Raw - Interpreting HubSpot Post Out Responses & Common Errors to resolve as needed.
These responses can be customized within each HubSpot form, so it is recommended to work closely with your Marketing Ops team to understand your responses and troubleshoot any errors.
Leads classified as 'Never Delivered' will not be included in this report as they have not yet been sent to HubSpot.
For additional information on reading the request and response code and help with troubleshooting, see Using HTTP Raw - Interpreting HubSpot Post Out Responses & Common Errors.
- Using HTTP Raw - Testing a HubSpot Integration
- Using HTTP Raw - Interpreting HubSpot Post Out Responses & Common Errors
- Reports page
- Reposting Leads