Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform
| This article relates to the use of HTTP Raw to set up an integration with HubSpot.
If you are unsure which integration method to use, see HubSpot Post Out Methods.
Routine monitoring to check for errors is highly recommended to ensure leads are successfully posted to integrated systems. This can be done by reviewing the HubSpot Response, which is received by the Demand Acceleration Platform whenever a lead post out is attempted.
In this article
Understanding the HubSpot Response
In the Test Integration modal (displaying Sandbox Test Results) - see the Request section.
Example: field and value highlighted in bold.
The response code displays the exact response that was received from HubSpot. It will look different depending on whether or not the test lead has been successfully received and/or if a custom response has been set up.
The response should:
- Return a 200 response on success. The response will contain a vid of the updated or created record, and an isNew field that indicates if a new record was created. If the field is false, an existing record was updated.
- Return a 409 Conflict error response if you are trying to update the email address of a record, and there is an existing record with the new email address.
- See HubSpot API documentation: Create or update a contact
Example: values indicating success are highlighted in green.
Success! Now check that the lead has been received in HubSpot and confirm that it is properly routed and the data is complete.
A failed response / unsuccessful code
Unsuccessful responses typically contain the value error.
Example: values indicated a failed response are highlighted in red.
Error responses seen most often in the Demand Acceleration Platform
The table below shows the error responses that are most commonly encountered in the Demand Acceleration Platform. If you have received one of the responses noted here, follow the action as described in the solution column.
If the Source is live and you are reviewing this in a Post Out Log Report, first check all instances of the Lead ID to see if a successful post out has been subsequently recorded.
[Field] ... This field
|The test lead is missing a value in a required field.||Add a value to the required field in the test lead form.|
Speak with your Customer Success Manager if you need help understanding or correcting an error.
- Using HTTP Raw - Setting Up an Integration to HubSpot
- Using HTTP Raw - Testing a HubSpot Integration
- Using HTTP Raw - Monitoring your Lead Post Outs to HubSpot
- Reposting Leads