| This Help Center article is relevant to customers using the Event Lead Management system only.
If you are using the Event Lead Management system with the Demand Acceleration Platform, see Using Outbound Forms.
Connecting to Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the first step when setting up an integration. This feature enables you to instantly create or update leads in Microsoft Dynamics 365 using the data collected from your Event forms (via the mobile app or web forms). You can share any text-based or selection data from your Event forms.
This article outlines the steps needed to connect the Event Lead Management system with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
This integration feature needs to be enabled for your account.
In this article
- Supported versions of Microsoft Dynamics
- What this integration feature can do
- What this integration feature cannot do
- Integration setup overview
- Connecting the systems
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended Reading
Supported versions of Microsoft Dynamics
What this integration feature can do
- Create new leads in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Add data to an existing lead if one already exists with the same email address.
- Passes the data in real-time.
What this integration feature cannot do
- Create or update other Custom Objects.
Integration setup overview
- In Microsoft Azure - Configure a new application registration:
- Assign permissions
- Add reply URLs
- Generate Key Value
- In the Event Lead Management dashboard (at account level) - Connect Microsoft Dynamics with the Event Lead Management system by entering the required credentials.
- In the Event Lead Management dashboard (at Event level) - Add integration to specific event(s) and map form fields to those in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
| You need access to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 system (with the relevant permissions) and your Integrate Event Lead Management system.
When setting up the integration, it is recommended that you are logged in to both platforms and have them open side by side.
Connecting the systems
Locate your Dynamics Instance (URL)
You will need your Dynamics Instance later, so we recommend having this to hand before you start - it will help speed up the integration process.
Your Dynamics Instance will have a URL format:
1. Login to home.dynamics.com.
2. In the Dynamics homepage, hover your mouse over the Dynamics 365 app button. Make a note of your Dynamics Instance. You will see this in the first part of the URL.
Create an App Registration in your Microsoft Azure account
1. Login to Microsoft Azure: portal.azure.com.
2. Go to Azure Active Directory.
3. Go to App registrations.
4. Click on New registration.
5. Enter a name for your application in the Name field and click Register. The name can be whatever you determine; use something that is easy to identify if you have other applications in your Microsoft Azure account.
6. Your application is created and you will be taken to the overview page. Go to API Permissions.
7. Click on Add a permission.
8. Click on Dynamics CRM.
9. Check user_impersonation and click on Add permissions.
10. At the bottom of the page, click on Grant admin consent. Then click on Yes in the popup that appears.
11. Go to Authentication. If a URL has been automatically pre-populated, delete it and add the following Redirect URIs, also known as Reply URLs (remove any space or line break characters):
Click on Save.
12. Go to Certificates & secrets and click on New client secret.
13. Enter a value for Description. Again, we recommend using something easy to identify. Select an expiration time frame (it is recommended to use 'Never expires') and click on Add.
14. A string in the Value column is automatically generated. Copy the Value string and make a note of it somewhere secure. You will refer to this client secret later during setup.
15. Click on Overview to go back to your named app screen and remain here while you complete the remaining steps (you will need to reference this information later).
Connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 to the Event Lead Management system
3. Copy the following fields from Dynamics and paste into the relevant fields:
- Your Dynamics Instance (URL)
- Application ID (find this on the overview page of your application)
- Key Value (your client secret)
Once you have entered the Dynamics Instance, the button Get Auth URL will change to Save Changes. Click Save Changes.
4. After a few moments, the button will change to Login to Dynamics. This may prompt you to login to Microsoft Dynamics 365 (in the instance of having logged out). Proceed to login, before being redirected to the Events dashboard.
Your Microsoft Dynamics 365 account is now linked to the Event Lead Management system.
The Event Lead Management system and Microsoft Dynamics 365 are now connected.