Send lead data from Akkroo directly to Microsoft Dynamics 365. To setup your integration, you'll first need to configure API access within Microsoft Azure and add some key information into your Akkroo account. Follow our step-by-step guide here to get Microsoft Dynamics 365 fully integrated with Akkroo.
Supported versions of Microsoft Dynamics
What this integration feature can do
- Create new leads in Microsoft Dynamics 365 (both on-premises and cloud applications)
- Add data to an existing lead if one already exists with the same email address
- Passes the data in real-time
What this integration feature can't do (yet!)
- Create or update other Custom Objects
How to setup your integration
- In Microsoft Azure - configure a new application registration:
✔︎ Assign permissions
✔︎ Add reply URLs
✔︎ Generate Key Value
- In Akkroo (at account level) - connect Microsoft Dynamics with Akkroo and authorise the account
- In Akkroo (at event level) - add integration to specific event/s and map form fields to those in your CRM
To switch on this integration feature, speak with your Customer Success Manager or contact support for any help.
🖥Show me how! Setup your Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration
Locate your Dynamics Instance (URL)
You’ll need your Dynamics Instance later, so we recommend having this to hand before you start (it will help speed up the integration process). Your Dynamics Instance will have a URL format: https://<URL name>.crm.dynamics.com (for more information, see Dynamics 365 Documentation) and can be located by following these steps.
- Login to home.dynamics.com
- On your dynamics homepage, hover your mouse over the dynamics 365 app button. Note your ‘Dynamics Instance’, which you’ll see in the first part of the URL (write this down for later!). In the screenshot example below, our instance is https://akkroodynamics1.crm11.dynamics.com
Create an App Registration in your Microsoft Azure account
- Login to your Microsoft Azure account portal.azure.com
- Go to ‘Azure Active Directory’
- Go to ‘App registrations’
- Click on ‘New registration’
- Enter a name for your application in the ‘Name’ field, then press ‘Register’. The name can be whatever you determine; we recommend using ‘akkroo_integration’ or a variant of this as it’s simple, descriptive and easy to identify if you have other applications in your Microsoft Azure account.
- Your application will be created, and you will be taken to the overview page.
- Go to ‘API Permissions'
- Click on ‘Add a permission’
- Click on ‘Dynamics CRM’
- Check 'user_impersonation'
- Click on ‘Add permissions'
- At the bottom of the page, click on ‘Grant admin consent’
- Click on ‘Yes’ in the pop-up that appears
- Go to ‘Authentication'
- Add the following Redirect URIs, also known as Reply URLs (if a URL has been automatically pre-populated, remove it):
- Click on ‘Save'
- Go to ‘Certificates & secrets'
- Click on 'New client secret'
- Enter a value for ‘Description’. Again, we recommend using something easy to identify, such as ‘akkroo’
- Select expiration time frame (we suggest ‘Never expires’)
- Click on ‘Add’
- A string in the Value column is then automatically generated. Be sure to copy the ‘Value’ string and make a note of it somewhere secure. You will refer to this client secret later during setup.
- Click on 'Overview' to go back to your named app screen and remain here while you complete the remaining steps (as you’ll need to reference this information later).
Integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Akkroo
- Open a new window or tab
- Login to the Akkroo dashboard
- Go to the Account ‘Settings'
- Click on ‘Integrations’ and ‘Add new’
- Click on ‘Dynamics’ and ‘Add’
- Copy the following fields from Dynamics and paste into Akkroo:
- Your Dynamics Instance (URL)
- Application ID (find this on the overview page of your application)
- Key Value (your client secret)
- Note: Once you’ve entered the Dynamics Instance, the button ‘Get Auth URL’ will change to ‘Save Changes’.
- Once you’ve filled in the 3 fields, click on ‘Save Changes’. After a few moments, the button will change to 'Login to Dynamics'. Press this
- This may prompt you to complete an additional step (in the instance of having logged out of Microsoft)
- Login to Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Redirects back to Akkroo
- Success! (Microsoft Dynamics has now been integrated with your Akkroo account)
Add Microsoft Dynamics 365 to an event in Akkroo
- In the Akkroo Dashboard, access your event via 'Events > Open' and click on ‘Setup integrations’
- Select ‘Dynamics 365’ and ‘Add’
- Configure your settings (how you'd like leads to be added to Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Map your form fields to those in your CRM
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page
- You can then confirm the integration success by submitting a test lead in the app and seeing it appear in Microsoft Dynamics 365. Login to home.dynamics.com, click on the Dynamics 365 app, and click on 'Leads' in the 'Sales' menu.
For more information or help getting your Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration set up, contact your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com