Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Content Syndication | Event Lead Management | Webinar Integrations | Social Integrations
The End-to-End Testing Environment in the Demand Acceleration Platform (DAP) is used to test a source configuration before going live.
In this article
Use the End-to-End Testing Environment in the Demand Acceleration Platform (DAP) to:
- Test the Fields and Values captured in a Source.
- Show how data changes when List Mappers are in place.
- View the response that's captured when a Lead is posted to an outside system.
Accessing the testing environment
1. From the Campaigns dashboard, select the Sources tab.
2. Locate your Source and select it by clicking the Short ID.
3. Select the End-to-End Testing tab.
4. You will see a summary of each of the tests that have been completed and the following information:
- A unique test ID
- The date the test was submitted
- The method the test was sent (either Manual Upload or API)
- The number of test leads submitted
- The number of Successful and Rejected Outbound Integration Responses
Manually uploading test data
1. Navigate to the End to End testing summary page from within your Source and select Upload File.
2. Select Download Lead Template and populate the downloaded CSV file with your lead data. When finished, drag and drop or browse to select your lead list file.
|The Lead Template aligns with the Source's fields and should be used to ensure accuracy. Ensure your lead list file is saved as a CSV UTF-8 before uploading.|
3. Once a file is selected, click Upload to continue with your lead list file upload.
4. You will receive a confirmation that your test leads are posting. Close this message to go back to the End to End testing summary page.
Submitting test data via API
|You will need an API builder (such as Postman or Zapier) to submit test data via API. Refer to our Lead Upload via API Videos for more information on using these tools.|
1. Navigate to the End to End testing summary page from within your Source and select Make API Call.
2. Use the information provided to make API calls through your API builder.
3. As tests are conducted, the End to End summary page will populate with the API calls.
Viewing test data
1. Navigate to the End to End testing summary page from within your Source and select a Test ID.
2. You will have the option to select the Inbound data, Mappers, or Outbound response tab. Refer to the list below for more information on what data each tab contains:
- Inbound data shows a table of the test data that was imported.
- Mappers shows a table of any field mappers applied to list values before the Outbound Integration was made.
- Outbound response shows a table of Outbound Integration requests and callback responses.
You also have the option to download the Leads Report by selecting:
- Excel Workbook file (XSLX)
- CSV file (CSV)
Exporting Summary Test Leads Data
1. Navigate to the End to End testing summary page from within your Source and select the checkbox(s) next to the Test Leads Data you would like to export.
2. Select Export at the bottom of the page.
3. Select what you would like to export as a CSV file and click Export.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my Source have to be Live to use the End-to-End Testing Environment?
No. The End-to-End Testing Environment is available to use regardless of the Source's status.
Are there any rules that do not apply to the test leads?
Yes. The rules that do not apply to the test leads are:
- Email, Phone, or Postal validations
- Domain Capping
- Contract Status
Is there a limit on the number of test leads that can be submitted?
No. There is currently no limit on the number of test leads that can be submitted.
Do the number of test leads submitted count against my data usage?
No. The number of test leads submitted does not count against data usage.