Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Social Integrations
LinkedIn leads will fail to be retrieved if a 400-level error has been detected. This means a Refresh Token, or an Access Token has been revoked by LinkedIn, thereby interrupting delivery of leads. Typically, this may have occurred for one of the following reasons:
· Technical or policy reasons, per LinkedIn terms.
· Deliberate revocation by the User of Refresh or Access Tokens due to Security concerns.
· Inadvertent revocation by the User while changing permissions.
Error codes that illustrate an invalid token
|404||Resource Not Found|
|Invalid access token||Incorrect access token, make sure you follow the authentication procedure to get a correct access token.|
|Expired access token||The access token has expired, see how to refresh your access token|
|The token has been revoked||The access token has been revoked by the member from their privacy settings on LinkedIn’s website. To continue using your application, the member has to re-authenticate to get a new access token for your application.|
403 Access Denied
When your application makes an API call with a member’s access token, LinkedIn checks if the access token has permission to access the API. If the access token does not have the correct permissions, a
403 Access Denied error is returned
404 Resource Not Found
In some cases (Ads, for example), a 404 error is returned when attempting to access a restricted API.
You will need to login to re-authorize, please click here. < provide direct link for re-authorization, else provide link to generic LinkedIn login>
LinkedIn references on the use of tokens and connecting to their service
- Refresh Tokens with OAuth 2.0 - LinkedIn
- LinkedIn API Error Handling - LinkedIn
- Token Introspection - LinkedIn
- LinkedIn API Breaking Change Policy - LinkedIn
- Best Practices Overview - LinkedIn