Relevant to: Demand Acceleration Platform | Webinar Connectors
The purpose of connecting (authenticating) your On24 is to enable leads to flow from a webinar campaign to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
This article will walk you through the steps to connect your On24 Channel to the Demand Acceleration Platform. This only needs to be done once per channel owner*.
For an overview of the entire process, including who your webinar team members are, see Webinars via the Demand Acceleration Platform.
In this article
Before You Begin
Confirm you have the Integrate Webinar connector enabled
- This is enabled on the user level by the Integrate team.
- Contact your Integrate Customer Success Manager to confirm this is complete for your user.
Confirm you are the ‘Owner’ of the On24 Channel
- Your On24 user must be the Channel Owner. There can be only one Channel Owner per channel (being a Channel Manager is not sufficient).
- Contact your On24 account manager to confirm who the owner is, and if necessary request that they change ownership.
- This user must retain ownership with their credentials matching those added in the Demand Acceleration Platform Integration Hub (as outlined in the following steps).
- * Owners of Multiple On24 Channels
- If your On24 user is the Channel Owner of more than one On24 Channel, you will only need to input your credentials once. The On24 connection is based on the user level; all On24 Channels where your user is the Channel Owner will be accessible in the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- Follow the steps below to connect the systems.
Confirm your On24 Channel(s) don't have any active connectors
- On24 can only support one integration at a time. If you have a previous integration with On24 and any other system, that integration must be disconnected before you proceed.
- Contact your On24 Customer Success Manager or On24 support to complete this. This must be done from the back-end to completely disconnect and allow On24 to communicate with the Demand Acceleration Platform.
- If you are migrating from a previous active integration, please work with your Integrate team for guidance on timing this switch.
How to connect your On24 Channel
1. In the Demand Acceleration Platform, navigate to the Integration Hub. From the list in the Connector Library, locate the On24 connector. Click the + button to open the modal.
2. This opens the On24 configuration modal, where you will authenticate the connection to one of your On24 Channel(s).
Type in a name for your connector in the text box - this will only be used in the Demand Acceleration Platform to help you distinguish between other connectors.
Enter the credentials that you use to manage the On24 Channel(s) and click Integrate. These will include you On24 ClientID, Token, and Token Secret.
It is recommended to use a naming convention that includes "On24" to distinguish this connector from your others later on.
The On24 connector can now be seen alongside any other existing connectors in your Integration Hub.
Please note that in On24’s platform, the client ID, token, and token secret are found under the API Dashboard tab within the Analytics section. If you are unable to find the API instructions, please consult with your On24 representative.
Your On24 channel is now connected to the Demand Acceleration Platform.
|Building a Webinar Campaign|
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to repeat this for my other On24 Channels?
If you have multiple On24 Channels that have different Channel Owners - yes. Each user will repeat this process for their individual channel.
If you have multiple On24 Channels that have the same Channel Owner - no. See the section above for Owners of Multiple On24 Channels.
Does this connection to On24 need to be re-authenticated?
No. This connection will remain functional as long as the On24 Channel Owner user's permissions and login credentials remain. If you update your login credentials in On24 they will need to be updated in the Demand Acceleration Platform too.
Can I use the On24 connector at the same time as another system?
No. On24 only allows one integration at a time to be used. See the instructions above in the Before You Begin section for more detail. We can help with the best way to approach this migration, so please work with your Integrate team for guidance on timing this switch.
- Webinars via the Demand Acceleration Platform
- Building a Webinar Campaign -- On24
- Building a Webinar Source -- On24